•Chapter Thirty One•

I watch the taxicab drive away. I turn towards the huge mansion that is standing behind me tall and beautifully. I stop admiring the mansion and followed after other people who are entering the party. Right as I step in I see colorful dancing lights around the rails of a spiral staircase in the middle of the front entrance. Pop music is blasting all throughout the house.

Veronica is standing next to a table full of presents. Her short hair is wavy with a cute party hat on her head that says, "Birthday girl" on it.

She is wearing a short lavender colored dress with beige wedges on her feet. I follow the line of people who are giving her their gifts. Once I'm next in line I put a big smile on my face and hand her the bar of soap that I got from the nice lady from the taxi ride.

"Happy birthday, Veronica!"

"Thank you." She says, frowning at the bar of soap in her hand.

"I hope you like it." I shyly tuck my curled hair behind my ears.

"Yeah, I'll try to." She grimanced then threw the bar of soap on the table.

I clear my throat and stood up straight as she puts a Hawaiian necklace around my neck. I look around and noticed everyone else had the same one on too. Veronica then hands me a little red raffle ticket and says, "Make sure you keep this ticket if you want to win a free prize later"

"Okay, Thank you."

"Have a fun time." She said, waving me goodbye. "NEXT IN LINE PLEASE!" She shouts to the next person. She gently pushes me out the so that she can assist the next person in line. I stumble a bit from her little push.

Man, she really is a snobby little bitch.

-
-

I stroll around the beautiful mansion that is gorgeously decorated like a luau. I see people already drinking alcohol in red plastic cups. I quickly make my way to the fancy kitchen area. In the kitchen there are many platters full of bright colored cupcakes, different varieties of cookies, donuts, bowls of candy, and of course A LOT of different beverages.

I immediately grab myself a cup of strawberry vodka. I also grab a donut before leaving the kitchen too. As I nibble the sprinkles off the donut I stroll around the crowded party looking for Dustin. I don't have much luck with finding him. I eventually end up in Veronica's backyard where it is even more crowded than inside. Outside the dress code has changed from what it is inside the mansion. Everywhere I look I see girls with bikinis and booty shorts on and guys shirtless.

I'm most certain, that I won't find Dustin out here in this crowd. But somehow I do find Wrenette Chandlers in a bikini dancing with a group of people.

The two of us suddenly make eye contact. Wren immediately runs towards me with a beer in her hand. I could tell she was already tipsy by how she was acting.

"Hi Annalise!" She greeted super loud. "You look so beautiful!"

"Nice bikini, Wren." Is the only thing I can say to her right now.

"Thank you, my dress is upstairs in Veronica's bedroom. She said she'll watch it for me." She says all giggly.

"Oh, that was so nice of her."