Chapter Twenty Five

Start from the beginning

She finally made eye contact with me, and took a deep breath before she spoke, "Austin, look I really appreciate you telling me how you feel."

She paused for a moment. I didn't know whether she was okay, or mad because she was so calm.

"I know how you feel. That's how I was in the beginning of the pregnancy. It sucks! But, the second I felt Leilani kick everything change. We're going to be parents, and it's coming a lot sooner than later. You either have to get on aboard with things, or just let me know so I can take both rolls. I love you, and I would love to spend the rest of my life with you as my everything, and I would hope our relationships, and love is stronger enough to sustain the hard times that we have as parents."

Her voice got weak, and I seen the tears rise in her eyes. I realized that I didn't have enough faith and trust that things would work out.

The only type of real responsibility I had was my job, but now I helped bring a little human in this world and I have to add that to my list without thinking it's a scary, or bad thing.

"I think once you come to the conclusion that you're going to be a dad, you have a lot more responsibilities, and she's going to be your daughter regardless if you're ready, or not it's going to happen. Then you'll be a lot better off."

Rylee patted her hand on top of mine twice before standing up. "I have a maternity class today, and since your busy I asked Elijah if he'd come and help. Is that okay?"

At this point I don't think I could feel jealous. I had to have trust and faith, so I actually didn't mind.

She walked over and gave me a kiss on the forehead. "I love you, and I really hope you become excited about being a dad, you'll be a cool one." she whispered.

I grabbed her by her waist and sat her on my
lap. "You're right." I admitted.

"About what?" she questioned.

"Everything you said. I don't think I was focused on that it was happening regardless, I was just focused on getting you back, and making you happy." I said.

It was feeling pretty damn good to be saying my feelings out in the open to her.

"Leilani comes first now, okay? We both make her happy and meet her needs." she put her hand on my jaw. "We'll be just fine, baby." she said kissing me again.

"Are you sure?" I replied.

"Do you have faith?" "I'm sorry, i'm trying."

She playfully shook her head side to side. "Look, I really have to go. But, I'll see you tonight when you get home. I love you." she blew me a kiss and walked out.

I feel like I should be making time for her to do stuff like that.

My manager walked in smiling, "How did everything go?" I smiled because he didn't even know what we had talked about, "Great bro."

Since I'm getting my feelings out there...

"Hey, you think it'll be cool if I postpone the tour maybe like a month or two?" I asked feeling a little skeptical.

"I can't change anything man. You're totally booked from January to the middle of August. It's an extended tour, Austin. I told you this!"

I took a second to think before I respond to him because I was getting pretty upset.

"Okay, dude. I understand." I said quietly.

I knew I just had to make the best out of it. Leilani and Rylee would just have to understand I have to make sacrifices for us, and so do they.

•••

I made it home pretty late, but I seen that Rylee was still awake from the bedroom light being on.

"Ry, I'm home." I shouted from the front door.

Rylee made it downstairs quickly with the biggest smile on her face, "Hey baby, I missed you. There's chicken parm in the kitchen."

I smiled and gave her a kiss on the forehead. I wish everyday could be like this.

"So, how was it?" I knew she was waiting on me to ask. "It was so much fun. I learned a lot. Elijah was good help." she said.

I forgot he was going with her.

"Did he try anything?" I asked her confidently knowing she was going to be calm about it. "No, Austin. I took Harley out for ice cream though." she said happily.

I'm so glad she's making a friend I just wish he wasn't a guy, but oh well fuck it.

"Hey babe?" She said while walking to the windows by the back door. I stopped eating for a moment to see what she was doing.

"Do you have the lawn people coming out this late?" Rylee said while looking really confused.

I stood up and walked over. I seen that the back gate had been opened. "You sure you didn't go anywhere?" I asked while opening the door.

"I'm sure. I got home like not even 15 minutes before you did." She told me while following me out.

I closed it, but it didn't sit well with me there's no one that could come in unless we give them permission.

"Did you let Elijah in here?" I looked at her to make sure she wasn't going to lie to me.

"No! I'd never." She told me then rolled her eyes, "I know we're paranoid about the whole Aaron thing, but Elijah is different."

I had no other choice, but to believe her.

"I'm going take a shower, Austin." she sounded upset, but she kept walking. I went back to the table to finish my food.

I checked the cameras on my phone to see what really was going on outside. Of course there's no footage of what really happened other then the times messing up around the time it opened.

I finished eating then went upstairs to where Ry was still taking a shower. "Babe?" I called out. "In here." she yelled back.

"Tomorrow I think you should come with me." I proposed to her hoping she'd take me up on my offer.

"Sure baby, why?" she asked.

I rolled my eyes because she always has to know why.

"Just because i'd feel safer if you were with me until I can get someone to figure out what happen." I told her.

"Okay baby, but i'm sure it's nothing." she said back.

"No, i'm sure it's something, so we're not risking it. Now hurry up so I can love on you." I said smiling.