Chapter Six

Dark clouds gathered in the sky, spreading a gloomy atmosphere over the entire Hua Mounting Range.

Seated in a cave with the heat and light of a log fire to comfort them, Rei stared at the "Deity" lazily eating nuts at his side. He stared with strict concentration.

Earlier, he'd never gotten the chance to ask about the sudden disappearance of "Bo" before those bandits had found them.

After all, they hadn't strayed too far from their original position. It would be pretty surprising if the thirty man group didn't find them.

Due to the interruption of these noisy humans, Rei had lost his chance to understand anything. He was a very curious person by nature, so when others threatened to obstruct his path to discovery, he'd become a very irrational being.

During his imprisionment, he'd show great restraint. He had no choice but too. Unless the enemy threw the first hit, he could only watch helplessly as they taunted and flocked around him. It was because of the "restriction" on his body. He became fully aware of it when he'd first met that Trio. He held suspicions prior to their meeting but those people further confirmed them.

It wasn't until he'd met Ari that he actually dared to test the weight of the "restriction" and how firm it's hold was on him. If he were truly a freed man...

He had braced himself for the moment of darkness to force him unconscious, however, nothing happened.

The light in his eyes couldn't be more fierce when he faced those foolish bandits after this realization.

He'd barely lifted a finger to instaniously crush his opponents. Their bodies we're lying on the ground like flattened pancakes, their life blood feeding the earth beneath them. He didn't even suck their souls out, this is how annoyed he was at the time.

He wondered if the vultures had picked all their meat out by now. This thought lightened his mood a little.

Ari sighed, "Ah~ this is nice."

Rei came back to the present. It was Ari's idea to haul up in the first cave they came upon to make future plans. He had no objections. He'd already promised to become his companion. As to how long he'd stay with him...

Currently, he wasn't in a hurry to separate. He still had things he wanted to know and understand.

"You've been staring a hole into me for the past half hour. Have you fallen for me already?" Teased Ari.

Rei didn't reply.

Ari laughed, the low sound echoeing to the depths of the cave. It chased away some of the gloom that came with the bad weather.

"Speak."

"Where did he go?"

Confusion appeared on Ari's face. He asked, "Who?"

"Bo."

"I will explain when you're ready to know."

Ari's reply was straight to the point. It left Rei unable to follow up with another question. He was rather "flustered".

Should he use force to get his answer?

However, he quickly stifled this thought. He'd seen Ari's power - the guy was not to be belittled. The fact he could break Rei out of his imprisionment with the flick of his hand already spoke volumes.

Rei was not his match in strength. It was the only reason he never harboured any real thoughts of using his fists against this guy. Another reason is he couldn't quite bring himself to hit his benefactor.