The Stratford Tower

Kara's POV

We were at the Stratford Tower,and I was dressed as a working android.I put my hair in a high ponytail to make sure no one would recognize me.I fixed my cap,and pushed a maintenance cart across the hall.

Business Man:Hey you!

I winced and then turned around.It was a man with dark hair and green eyes.He was wearing a business suit and was holding a brief case.

Kara:Yes?

Business Man:Can you get me a coffee ASAP,
my meeting starts in five minutes.

Kara:Yes sir.

I smiled and then walked away.I reached the elevator,and once I got to the top floor,police officers were already scattered across the crime scene.I found Connor and Hank in the recording room and walked up to them.

Agent Perkins:Is that supposed to be here?

Connor:It's with us,we think it might have seen the deviants earlier.

Agent Perkins:Whatever,the FBI will take over the investigation,you'll be off the case.

Hank:Pleasure meeting you,have a nice day.

Agent Perkins:And watch your step,don't fuck up my crime scene.

Hank:What a fucking prick.

Connor went to investigate the area,and I followed Hank.Connor noticed that the deviants didn't break in because there was no sign of forced entry.

Chris:We stored the station androids in the kitchen.There's no sign that they were involved but we didn't know what else to do with them.

Connor walked into the kitchen and I heard him interrogating the androids,and I just stayed close to Hank.

Kara:Did you find something?

Hank:No,not really.Hey Kara,can I ask you something?

Kara:Yeah sure.

Hank:It's about Alice,have you ever noticed how...strange she's acting?

Kara:No,what do you mean?

Hank:It's because...

Suddenly,an android rushed past us and took a large gun as he reached the end of the hallway.

Connor:It's a deviant,stop it!

Connor took a gun from the police officer next to him and shot the deviant.It became silent for a few moments.

Hank:Nice shot Connor.

Connor:I wanted it alive.

Hank:You saved human lives,you saved my life.

I looked at Connor and noticed that his shirt was undone.I looked away to avoid any confused glances on why my face was turning the color of a sapphire stone.

(Time skip)

Kara:What happened?

Connor:Hmm?

Kara:Your hand,what happened?

Connor:The deviant stabbed my hand with a knife and pulled out my pump regulator.

Kara:Are you okay?

Connor:Yes,are you.

Kara:Yeah I'm fine.

He cares about me!I blushed.

Connor:See you later.

Kara:Yeah,see you...later.

I closed the door and felt tears run down my cheeks.

Kara:Connor,why can't you notice?