The First Case

Kara's POV

I was at the front door of an apartment in poor shape along with Connor and Hank.I was able to come with them because there were no other officers there.But Alice was in the car because it was way too dangerous for her.Connor knocked on the door twice,but there was no answer.Hank decided to kick down the door so we both stood behind him.We walked inside and I looked around.There wasn't much,but wooden debris scattered across the floor,and dozens of birds flying everywhere.

Hank:Looks like we came for nothing,our man's gone.

After a few moments of silence I spoke up.

Kara:I think that the suspect felt scared and probably hid somewhere.Maybe we should try a softer approach,if we do find him.

Connor:Kara does have a point,it would be unwise to apprehend him in a rather violent matter.

Wow he agrees with me!My heart fluttered.
There was barely anything to investigate,
Connor found an encrypted diary,and the birds were just making the task even more difficult.I then saw Connor climbing a chair to investigate a hole in the ceiling.Did he find something?I thought to myself.Suddenly a figure fell down from the hole,knocking Connor off the chair,and ran out of the room.

Hank:Goddamn fucking pigeons!

Connor got up and started running after the android.

Kara:So much for soft approach.

I muttered as I saw the door shut itself.

Kara:Please be okay Connor, I don't want to loose you.

I whispered after Hank ran out of the room.

3rd POV

Connor ran through a field of tall plants,finally reaching it's end.He witnessed the deviant pushing Hank off of the buildings roof, but he managed to grab the ledge.Connor realized that the mission wasn't worth it,so he ran over to his partner to help him up.

Hank:Shit! Shit! We had it!

Connor:It's my fault,I should've been faster.

Hank:You'd have caught it if it weren't for me.
That's alright we know what it looks like,we'll find it.

Suddenly Kara bolted up to them as fast as she could.

Kara:Connor! You're okay!

She threw herself at Connor and squeezed him.
When she realized what she was doing she quickly pulled herself away blushing.

Kara:I...sorry.I just...thought you were hurt.
Did you catch him?

She asked trying to change the subject.

Connor:No,it got away.

Kara:It's all my fault,I slowed you down.

Hank:It's not your fault,we'll find him.