50. Zustin - The Awkward Little Shit.

Start from the beginning

"Pattie. Nice to meet you." Pattie extended her hand and Zayn shook it with a tentative look at the woman as she also didn't give away anything of who she was. Zayn didn't care as long as he was not asked too many questions on his presence he would just go with the flow. "I believe Justin is still sleeping." She took her hand back after a firm shake.

"I... don't. Kind of I guess." Zayn said scratching the back of his neck. If he said yes it would be suspicious as to what was he doing in Justin's room and if he said no he would be lying, the better thing was to just not answer and run around the bush and stretch the conversation until Justin wakes up and hauls his lazy ass downstairs and take cares of his own business. "I can go and check..." Zayn saw an opportunity to run away from the social situation and he took it like a pro.

"That's fine dear. I believe you were coming downstairs for breakfast anyway, right?" She was too sweet for Zayn to not frown and stomp away from her friendliness.

"Yes." Zayn signed internally as his hopes shattered. "I will grab a t-shirt..."

"Is this yours?" Suddenly Pattie picked up a grey t-shirt from the back of the sofa and gestured at Zayn.

It was Justin's, which Zayn had thrown in haste before they disappeared upstairs. Zayn was in dilemma, he didn't know what to agree upon and what to ignore, he thought to better just flow with the situation and let Justin clear everything afterward if sleeping was more important then listening Zayn scream for him to come down with his nonexistent telepathic ability and save him from talking with some stranger, a kind and sweet stranger.

"Yes, thank you." Zayn took it from her hand and wore it at ones when she started walking towards the kitchen and her back was turned to him. It looked like the t-shirt had swollen Zayn whole. He tried to make it look like it was just fashionably baggy but the t-shirt was truly too big for him, exposing his shoulders and chest a little as the material hung loosely on his small lean body, it was loose down the arms and swirling around his torso when he walked. He was grateful for his jeans that were covering his legs or he would have looked like an embarrassing weirdo in Justin too large of a t-shirt.

"What would you like Zayn?" Pettie asked as she opened and closed several cupboards, closing them with a sign when she couldn't find anything and saw most of the things were moved from their original positions to a whole different section of the kitchen.

Pattie briefly glanced at Zayn from the corner of her eyes when Zayn entered and controlled the aw that was threatening to come out when she saw how adorable he looked with his baggy fashion style like a cinnamon roll. But she held her thoughts not wanting to embarrass anyone and offend Zayn.

"I can make something for us." Zayn offered watching her go all around the kitchen like a lost puppy. 

Pattie smiled nervously at him when again she got lost with another dead end. Zayn tilted his head at her in confusion, at her walking around aimlessly in the kitchen and also not remembering that he was the one who had changed all the jars, ingredients and utensils when he lived here for the time of his exams and got tired of dragging stool and chairs to get to the top shelves, so Zayn had unintentionally placed everything in the lower part where he could reach after using everything. He didn't realize in the process he had changed the whole kitchen so much that the woman who was basically the person who organized it in the first place couldn't find one simple thing to work with.

"Oh no, absolutely not. I can't make you do that." Pattie signed with another cupboard full of empty small jars. "Though it looks like there is nothing here. Justin must have forgotten to restock the supplies after coming back from the tour."

"I will check the pantry." Zayn was quick on his foot.

"It's just on the other side of this wall... oh you know." Pettie said watching Zayn disappear on the other side of the wall where the pantry was situated. She took a seat waiting for Zayn to return with anything as she was also very tired and hungry.