29. Running Out Of Time

Start from the beginning

Even though we were famous, there were still those odd looks we would get every once in a while like seeing an Asian Pacific Islander with a black guy was impossible. Most people looked at us like we were some rare treat that would never last. Yes, because different skin tones means we were just too different for each other. That makes TOTAL sense.

It's funny though because until our PR team brought it up, I never saw the color of his skin, only the love in his heart. 

"Greer?" He asked as the name came to mind and I gave his cheek a little poke.

"The baby is not a slice of cheese," I mention and he rolls his eyes.

"Those two things aren't even remotely spelled the same way but I-" 

I kissed him again just to shut him up and wrapped my long legs around his hips. It's cute that he's trying but finding the perfect name is going to be like finding a diamond in a pile of rocks.

"Mmm Jem," I mention and he opens his hooded sweet brown eyes to meet mine.

"Jem is too short," he rejects it and the little devil gives a strong kick that has me gasping for a moment. 

"I don't think she likes it either, I could feel that from here," Thomas adds and I punch his shoulder.

"Well she doesn't have much of a choice," I grunt looking down and poking the side of my belly where I knew her little elbow was just waiting to jab me at the perfect time.

"How about Jade?" He asks and I raise my brow.

"That's only one letter longer honey," I pat him on the shoulder and he presses his forehead to mine, 

"Mmm this is so hard," He groans and I giggle a little, gently pecking his lips.

"Says you! You're not the one who she's going to complain to when she's a teenager and hates her name!" I exclaimed.

"Now you're thinking waaay too far ahead," He softly mutters into my lips and I stretch my arms around his neck. Thinking of the baby in my dream with the little chickens and what her name would be.

"Something sweet, kind of old, and reminds me of the countryside," I tell him and he rolls his eyes.

"We're still talking about a baby and not a candle right?" He jokes and I flick his neck.

"Yes, you idiot," I pout and try to think.

"Magnolia?" He asks tapping his fingers against my back.

"No, my baby's not going to be a hippy," I shoot it down and he narrows his eyes at me.

"I don't fucking know, you have a very specific list alright. Something like Elenor? Arabella? Claudean?" He asks and I gasped when I thought of it.

"Dear god, please don't tell me it's Elenor. If it is I'm using my veto," He warns.

"No, I kind of like Dean," I get off the sink, realizing there was still a ton of shit left to pack. 

"Dean? Isn't that like a boys name? I mean I'm all for changing gender norms but really? That's a little too countryside," Thomas argues and I go into the bedroom, chucking my carry on to the bed so I could stuff it.

"Fine then! Forget all my name suggestions, none of them will ever be good enough anyway," I argue and he picks up his already packed duffel bag.

"That's not what I meant Matty. What about something like Jemma Dean," Thomas shrugs and that name was way too stupid.

"We also have three more months to decide," He adds and I toss my chargers and tablet in my backpack before tossing it over my shoulders. I was about to head out the door when Thomas tosses his black sweatshirt at me.