Chapter thirteen: That could have been disastrous

The sound of the jet humming was calming to me as we soared above the clouds and made our way to Cambodia. The anxiety of this mission was almost to much to bare but I somehow have managed to hold it together in front of Harry and Eggsy. Merlin flew the jet as the three of us sat and laughed at old memories of the Eggsy's training year and talked about what Harry had missed in his year of being gone. Statesman has contacted us a few times to check in and explained that they were tracking us in case anything went wrong which was... slightly reassuring. I looked up at Eggsy to asked him if he remembered the day we met but I was cut off by Max came running into the room with Merlin close behind him. Max sat down in front of me and I smiled as I scratched his head.

" Hey buddy!" I laughed and looked up to see Eggsy had a look of confusion on his face and Harry smiled softly.

" Oh yeah... he doesn't know." I laughed and looked at Merlin and he sighed.

" Harry you remember Max right?" Merlin asked and Max turned around and looked at Harry as he got out of his seat and kneeled down and smiled.

" How could I forget?" He spoke as he scratched behind his ear.

" Eggsy this is my dog Max." Merlin spoke and placed a hand on my shoulder as Max looked at Eggsy and then walked over to stand with Merlin.

"I didn't know you had a dog." Eggsy spoke.

" Well he belong to a good friend of Harry and I but he was killed in battle and his dying wish was asking for me to take care of Max so now he lives with me. He a very talented dog." Merlin explained.

" He doesn't bark... what's with that?" Eggsy asked and I laughed slightly.

" Oh you'll see." Merlin spoke and then stood up straighter and cleared his throat.

" I should being going back Max was just getting a little anxious so I thought I would introduce him." Merlin spoke as he walked away.

" I can watch him Merlin if you want?" I spoke and he just turned back and nodded before returning to the cockpit. Max came in front of me before he took a moment and was now laying down right by my legs.

" He really likes you." Harry spoke and I smiled. Eggsy looked over at me and sighed.

" I cannot wait to get my hands on Poppy." He spoke with an angry tone of voice.

" You can't wait?!" I laughed and he smiled.

" Fine you can hit her first." He scoffed playfully and I gasped trying to be funny.

" Why thank you." I said and placed a hand on my chest. We laughed and then I got a call from Statesman through my glasses.

" Jessica here." I tapped my glasses and spoke.

" Hey Jess it's Ginger." She spoke.

" Hey Ginger what's up?" I spoke and saw her looking at her screen to her left.

" Just calling to let you know you are about 5 minutes from the landing sight." She spoke and I rose to my feet and walked towards the cockpit.

" Thanks Ginger I'll keep in touch." I spoke and hung up as I placed my hand on the door.

" Merlin." I spoke as I entered.

" Yes?" He asked.

" 5 minutes from the landing sight." I spoke and sat in the co-pilot chair.

" Alright." He spoke and continued to look out at the cloud covered landscape. We remained silent for a few moments before he spoke up.

" I know your worried about everything lass... but I promise you I will protect you at all costs... you know me I would risk my life for you." He spoke and turned to face me. I smiled at him and hugged him.

" Thank you Merlin." I sighed holding the hug just a bit longer.

" Your welcome."

————————time skip————————————

After Merlin had landed the plane in a secure place we all climbed out and walked carefully through the thick vegetation towards Poppy's base and as we walked Max lead us. Max walked around and placed his nose basically to the ground. After a while we continue to walk and Max quickly turned around and sat down. We all froze in our place and looked down to see something shiny underneath all the dirt and leaves.

" That could have been disastrous."