Chapter Eight: A man's best friend

By the time we reached Statesman the halls were empty. Whiskey had dropped me off and told Eggsy he wanted to talk to so he took Eggsy for a drive. I made my way to the surveillance room and found Merlin inside.

" Evening Merlin." I spoke and sat in the chair next to him. He turned in his seat and faced me.

" I saw what happened through your feed. Are you alright?" He asked while placing a hand on my shoulder. I sighed knowing he was asking about what happened between Eggsy and I.

" Yeah I'm fine." I said adding a slight scoff before the yeah hoping to make it more believable. We took a moment of silence before I took a deep breath and spoke.

" Can I ask you something slightly personal?" He nodded in reply. I took a moment to think of how I wanted to say what was on my mind before I spoke slowly.

" Have you ever... wanted to kill someone so much. That you were willing to give up everything... let nothing stand in your way until you watch them take their last breath?" I asked and looked away by the end.

" Jessica I.... I can't say I have." He spoke with slight shock in his voice.

" Who ever runs this Golden Circle group took everything from me... They took my home, TWO of my greatest friends, my dog, my job, the manor.... Kingsman is gone because of this person. I have made a promise to myself that I would find out who these people are and where they are and I would kill every last one of them..." I spoke the last part in almost a whispered tone. Merlin let out a sigh and looked directly in front of him and spoke.

" While Harry and I were in the war we had a really good friend who was shot in battle and by the time I had reached him he had lost too much blood and was going to die. I tried to save him but I was just.... too late. Some of his last words were asking me to take care of his dog. After the war was over I took his dog back with me to my home here in London. After years of caring for him he is still here with me today. " He stood up and nodded towards the signaling me to follow him. I followed him out to the jet we had taken to get here and climbed up the stairs and entered the jet. I placed myself in the middle of the small room of the jet as he opened another door at the back of the jet where a large brown, white and black German Shepard ran out straight to me and began to sniff me.

" Why hello there." I spoke with a giggly tone as I scratched the dogs head and he sat right in front of me.

" Jessica this is Mac." Merlin spoke from his place by the now open door.

" Hello Mac." I said as I dropped to one knee and scratched behind his left ear. I smiled thinking about the dogs that had been in my life and were now sadly gone. J.B and Mr. Pickles were a big part of my life... Mr. Pickles... recreate a traumatic moment in Harry's life...

" THAT'S IT!!" I yelled scaring Merlin and the dog slightly. I jumped to my feet and ran towards the staircase of the jet.

" Jessica! What's it?" Merlin asked taking a step towards me as I stood on the first stair of the staircase leading back to the ground and pulled out my phone to call Eggsy. I turned around with a large smile on my face.

" Mr.Pickles."

( HELLO EVERYONE!!! I had to write this in an airport as I am on Va.k but I really hope you guys enjoyed this one and I will see you in the next chapter!!! Bub-Bye!!!!!!!)