Chapter 16 | We Belong Together

016. WE BELONG TOGETHER

 WE BELONG TOGETHER

• • • • • •

The Grammys, February 8th, 2015

On this beautiful afternoon. Alex, my parents and I were getting ready for the Grammys while I was getting my makeup and hair done, my mom was doing Alexandria's hair. 

And my dad was busy watching TV. We were in Los Angeles, California in a beautiful two-bedroom suite that I rented for the weekend.

"You look bomb as fuck, Ma," My make up artist says as she handed me a mirror. I looked at myself and I did look bomb as fuck.

When my glam squad was done, they went to do my mother's stuff since I promised her a full glamour glam look on this fine day of the Grammys. My stylist helped me, put my gown on and when I walked out.

 My stylist helped me, put my gown on and when I walked out

My mother gasped at me and I smiled.

"Wow, Mommy you look so beautiful," Alex says with a smile and I walked over to her, kissed her forehead. 

"You look beautiful as well, baby girl," I said which made Alex flip her long curly hair, I bursted out laughing at her.

"Alexandria, you are so silly but she's right Charlotte. You look stunning" My mother says, I smiled and looked her up and down.

"Oh no, mama. You look bomb. Dad, do you not see your beautiful wife? She's killing the game, darling!" I said snapping my fingers up and down. 

Everyone laughed, "Anyways, thank you guys for coming with me," I said wiping my sweaty hands together, nervously.

"You're welcome, baby but I think it's time to go," My dad says, looking at his watch.

"Right!" I nodded and grabbed my clutch purse. And we were on our merry way to the Grammys.

• • • • • •

A couple of hours into the show and the one and only, Prince (R.I.P Prince) was introduced on stage to present Album of the year.