Chapter 3 | Fame

03. FAME

• • • • • •

• • • • • •

FLASHBACK

I was walking back and forth backstage as Tiara was on the stage right now, I was so excited and nervous at the same time. This could be my big break and this is only a lifetime chance, so I couldn't fuck it up.

"Give it up for the beautiful and talent Oshun" Tiara screams into the mic as the crowd clapped for me. I walked on stage as the stage light hits my face and my eyes landed on Lana, Jake, and Timbaland.

I got this, I said to myself in my head. The band started playing and I started singing my heart and when the song ended, the whole club was screaming with cheers and claps.

"Thank you, Everybody. Goodnight!" I said into the microphone and walked backstage.

Lana, Jake, and Timbaland were waiting for me. I hugged Jake and Lana and then turn towards Timbaland.

"Charlie, this is Timothy Mosley as everyone is known as Timbaland and Tim this is Charlotte Thompson. The friend Lana and I was talking about" Jake introduced.

"So you are Charlotte huh?" Timbaland asked and I nodded, looking over at Lana and Jake then back at him.

"Yes!" - "Your performance was dope and I was wondering what would you think if I give you a record deal?" He asked.

"That would be amazing. I wouldn't be able to thank you enough."

"Ok, you'll need a manager and a security guard. Who do you want that to be?" He questioned, I looked over at Jake and Lana.

"I would love it to be Lana and Jake. Only if they want?" I looked at them and they both came over and pulled me into a family hug.

"We would love too!" They both said at the same time, with big smiles on their faces.

"What about your bodyguard?" He asked.

I shrugged, "Um, I don't know on the top of my head."

"That's alright. We will figure that out soon, tomorrow morning, we'll bring you to the recording studio to sign with RCA Records but before we do all that you'll have to record a demo in front of the label okay?." Timbaland explains and I nodded with a smile.

"What? RCA Records that signed like Whitney Houston, Justin Timberlake, Chris Brown and the list can go on?" Lana questioned.

"Yep, that's the one!" He nodded with a smile. And when I did record a demo in front of the label and they loved it. I was on my way to the top as all of my dreams were about to come true.