Chapter 5 | I Wanna Be Where You Are

05. I WANNA BE WHERE YOU ARE

 I WANNA BE WHERE YOU ARE

• • • • • •

My eyes connected with the reflection of the woman in the mirror while hearing my fans scream my name. Today was the beginning of my tour and my nerves were getting the best of me, excited, nervous and scared all the above.

I wanted everything to be great and smooth. "Charlie.....Charlie...Charlie?' Lana calling my name repeatedly.

"What?" - "Girl, are you ok?" Lana asked, raising her eyebrows.

"Uh yeah Sorry, I was thinking about something," I told her, going back to fix my hair and lipstick.   

"Were you thinking about Joe?" She asked. "Hell no," I said rolling my eyes.

"Okay," She says seats down next to me. "What did he do now, cause-" I cut her off.

"Nothing" I simply said, getting up from my makeup dresser, "Wait, what?"

"Joe, don't do anything wrong. He's been really...." I sighed.

"Great, he tried to ask me out and I told him we couldn't."

"Why not? That's probably a sign that he really-"

"No, I can't. My rage of emotion and angry won't let it. I don't think I'd be able to go through all of it again if he leaves me again. We are better off just co-parenting that's it." I said walking out of my dressing room, beginning to do my warm-ups but then I heard familiar voices.

"Daddy, I'm so glad you are here. Mommy is gonna be happy to see you" Alexandria says, I turned around and saw Alexandria holding Joe's hand.

I rolled my eyes, walk towards them and pulled Joe away from Alex to a quiet corner. "What the hell are you doing?" I snapped.

"Hey. Calm down, I'm just here to support you" Joe says with a charming smile, handing me a thick envelope and my favorite flower mixed, sunflowers and roses. Wait, He remembers my favorite flowers?

"Why, why are you doing this?" I asked taking the flowers and the envelope out his hands.

"Because like I said before, Charlie I'm gonna prove to you that I'm not the same person you knew in college and I know you don't need my money or anything from me but I missed six years of Alexandria's life and want to give back for all of the clothes, baby food and expenses you had to pay yourself." 

"Joe I-" He cut me off. "I'm not done yet!" He says with a sigh.

"I'm not here just for Alex but I'm here for you too. I really do want you in my life, so no matter how many times you tell me to leave or that you hate me, that you want nothing to do with you but I won't. I'm not going to give up on you so easy Charlotte Erin Thompson, you hear me" Joe says with a proud smile when he was about to kiss my cheek but stopped himself.