27

Your eyes widen in shock at the news, you hadn't expect this or anything close to it. The thought of being pregnant hadn't even crossed your mind at all. Now that you thought about it, you were scared. Sure there was what Loki would think but also what the Avengers would do when they found out. Would they accept you and the baby or turn you away for having it to a villain? Your eyes stung with tears at the thought of it, there was no hiding this. Stephany cleared her throat after a moment of silence to regain your attention. You looked back over to her, wiping the tears from your cheeks.

"I understand your situation and as you know, you will start to show your baby bump and eventually give birth. In the end, everyone will find out but is up to you what happens to this information," she explains. You stare down at the floor, trying to stop yourself from letting more tears slip.

"Please don't tell anyone yet," you beg, wiping your face once more. With a sigh, she hands you a box of tissues, placing her hand on your shoulder. Looking up, you meet her eyes and notice the soft smile on her face.

"Everything is going to be okay, I'll give you my number and I'll let you give me a call or text whenever you need to know anything. This will be completely confidential so I promise you that Tony won't know and neither will anyone else, just promise me to take care of yourself. With being pregnant comes many things you will need to look out for, take good care of your body and I'll send you a list of foods to avoid." You send her a grateful smile and proceed to wipe your running nose.

"Thank you so much," you say, bowing your head.

"I don't know what I'd do if Tony were to find out." Stephany leans back in her chair and spins around so that she is facing her her computer.

"I know that even if Tony found out he would be supportive. He told me himself that he sees you as a daughter and wants to keep you around. This is why you have a job as a future Avenger and eventually a job in one of his labs. He trusts and cares for you, more than you could ever imagine. Sure, he may act a little self centered and egotistical at times but he genuinely does care. Look at everything he has done for you, he wouldn't do that for just anyone." You stand from your seat, taking a few tissues and wiping your face before beginning to walk towards the door.

"Thank you for everything, you don't know how grateful I am to have you keeping this quiet for me." Stephany gives a quiet laugh, shaking her head.

"It's nothing, anyway, before I forget," she says, grabbing a pen and ripping off a piece of paper. She scribbles a line of numbers on it before getting up and walking over to you. She hands it to you, a wide smile on her face.

"If you need anything, just contact me. We can meet up as often as you want and if you want to continue keeping it quiet we'll just say I'm helping you as your therapist. I'm sure the others would understand since they know everything about your childhood." Looking down at the number you smile.

"I'll be going now, I'm sorry if I bother you too much with my questions. I'm scared of what will happen." She nods her head in understanding.

"Don't worry, I'll always be here." After one last wave you leave the infirmary and head towards the elevator. You felt a little more confident about your situation knowing that no one except you and Stephany knew and she didn't plan on telling anyone. You were happy to have someone on your side.

While walking towards the elevator you noticed the large amount of doors which lined the wall opposite the glass one where the labs were visible through. You imagined them to be storage rooms, containing all of the necessary equipment and chemicals for the experiments. Without warning, one of the doors opened and you were pulled inside. Instinctively, you wrapped your arms around your stomach to protect you baby. Now that you knew of the life growing within you, you couldn't help yourself. After the shock of being grabbed, you looked up. You didn't know what to expect, perhaps one of the Avengers playing a prank on you but what you saw was much worse. Sam stood before you, his hands still clamped around your forearms. Now knowing it was him, you ripped your hands away from him and backed up.