5

The light from your your laptop shined brightly in the darkness of the cell. The lights had been turned off and the guards were gone. They didn't hang around in here but came by every so often to check that we were still there. So Loki and I end up spending entire days together. He was a lot kinder than you had expected from a man who tried to take over Midgard. It was silent in the room, the only sound being the hum of the force field that surrounded you. You glanced over at Loki, meeting his gaze. Had he been staring at you? 

"If you can faze through anything, why don't you just leave?", he asks suddenly. You hold a pillow to your chest and bite your lip. "The outside world has never been kind to me. I have no where to go or anyone to stay with, if I left then I'd just be living on the streets". Even though this was a reason it was only a a part of a bigger picture. You remembered a conversation that you had had with Tony earlier when he had pulled you from your cell to have lunch with him.

Flashback

You sat before the raven-haired man as he sat at his desk, doing paperwork. He glanced up at you as you looked around the room, taking in your surroundings. It was more of a robotics workshop than an office, with pieces of his suit laying around the room along with many tools and stray bits of metal. He cleared his throat and pulled two sandwiches from a bag, placing one in front of you. You eyed the sandwich before reaching out and taking it. You lifted it to your mouth and took a bite, chewing slowly. "As you eat I would like to discuss something with you, that alright?", he asks. You nod and and take another bite. "Okay, here I go. We, The Avengers, would like to give you a chance to clear your record and live a normal life". Your eyes widened and face turned red as you began choking on your food. You struggled but eventually managed to get it all down. "What was that?", you croaked. "I said we want to give you a chance". You tilt your head to the side in confusion. "There's a catch, right?". He nods. "Of course there is. What we want you to do is prove that you're innocent and gain our trust by staying in your cell and not running away". You look down at your lap, an unsure expression on your face. "But what do I do when I get out, I have nowhere to go and I don't have enough experience to get a job. I'd just end up on the streets again". He chuckles and sips at his coffee. "No one said anything about you leaving for good, we want you to become an Avenger. Thor told us all about Ghost fairies and their abilities, we think that you can grow strong and fight for Earth along side us, only if that's fine with you". You give a quick nod. "Thank you, Mr. Stark". He chuckles and stands, walking behind you to pet your head. "It's no problem, kid". A couple of guards enter and take your arms gently. "They're going to put you in your cell again, remember that we want to trust you. Don't resist them, just go with it". You send him a thankful smile and let the guards escort you back to your cell.

Timeskip end

Loki gives an understanding nod and takes a seat on his bed, his eyes never leaving you. "I'm going to sleep now", he calls. You nod and send him a small smile as he lays down and rolls over with his back to you. "Good night". He doesn't respond but you know he's heard you as he body twitches slightly. You close your laptop and pull out your phone, noticing a long string of messages that had recently come in.

Tony:
(Y/n)
Tony:
(Y/n) are you there?
Tony:
(Y/n) answer me
Tony:
Don't make me come down there and get you, I need to tell you something

You let out a quite groan and message back.

(Y/n):
Did you need something?
Tony:
Yes, I said I needed to talk to you
(Y/n):
Can you just tell me tomorrow?
Tony:
No. What I wanted to say was that we want to test your strength and speed, that kind of stuff. You'll be facing some of the other Avengers so be prepared for that, also Natasha seems to have something against you so don't let your guard down around her. Got it?
(Y/n):
Sure, thanks by the way
Tony:
It's nothing, Kid

You turned your phone off and slipped it under you pillow as you slide under the covers of your bed. You turn and see Loki asleep, now facing you. He looked very peaceful in his slumber and now was the first time you had seen him asleep. You were generally the first one to fall asleep and he always woke up before you. You roll over so your back is facing him and snuggle into your pillow. You're gonna need a lot of energy to face the Avengers tomorrow.