24

You weren't sure how long it had been but it had definitely been hours. Tony called some people down to take away the remaining parts of the alien ship and here they finally were. A large truck was driven into the junkyard, several cars following behind it. Many of his employees got out of the cars and began to survey the ship. A lot of work was put into the recovery of the vehicle and it was as if Tony had completely forgotten about you once his workers had arrived. All that you could do was sit back and watch them. They dug out the earth surrounding it before using a small crane to lift it, placing it on the back of the truck.

Sure it didn't sound like much work but it took a long time and even when the ship was on the truck there were people there, taking notes and examining its remaining interior and exterior parts.

It took a while but eventually Tony remembered that you were there. You didn't blame him for forgetting though, he was very busy with managing the recovery of the ship. He approached you, surveying your throne of broken car parts.

"I'm sorry that I forgot about you", he apologizes. You jump down and meet his gaze, an easygoing smile on your face.

"It's fine, there's no need to apologize. You're doing a lot of work out there, I'll just wait until you're finished". He chuckles, shaking his head.

"No way, the thing is that we're going to be here for a long time. There's still a lot of stuff we have to do before we can take all of this stuff back, paperwork and all this other crap. If you wait you'll be here for hours, maybe even the rest of the night. Anyway, I called someone to pick you up. They should be here soon". You sigh as a sign of giving up.

"Okay, who's picking me up?", you ask, hoping that it would be one of the Avengers. Tony smirked before patting your head.

"Sam". It's not that you didn't like Sam but the two of you weren't that close and you could tell that he liked you. He blushed every time you looked at him or said his name and you'd always catch him staring at you. It's not like you minded but it was different for you. While you were growing up no one looked at you like that and so you weren't even sure how to show how you felt even if you did like him back. It was unfortunate for him because you couldn't reciprocate his feelings. With Loki, everything felt so natural like it was meant to be. You never believed in fate but being with Loki, even if the two of you were trapped in a cell, was perfect.

"Really?", you groaned.

"Why Sam? Stop trying to make us a thing, Tony. It's never going to happen". He chuckles, placing both of his hands on your shoulders.

"Loosen up a little and give the kid a chance, he obviously likes you and it's not like you've got your eyes on anyone else, right?". How could you possibly say yes to the question? How could you say yes I have my eyes on someone? How could you say that the two of you were in a serious relationship which only the two of you knew of? You couldn't.

Letting out a sigh you shrugged your shoulders, it was the only response you could come up with at the time that wasn't the truth. But as you thought about your situation, being an Avenger and Loki's lover at the same time made you feel guilty. If the Avengers were to find out how would they react? Would they put you back in prison or maybe even hurt Loki? Sure they were heroes but that doesn't mean that they aren't ever violent. You clenched your fists, hiding them behind your back so Tony couldn't see your anxiety.

"So, are you going to give him a chance?", he asks, giving your shoulders a squeeze. You reluctantly nod your head, releasing the grip of your hands. He smiles and ruffles your hair before turning to look at a car pulling into the now open gate of the junkyard. The car was parked with the other vehicles and the driver got out, making their way towards you and Tony. It was the first time that you had seen Sam in his regular clothes rather than his work ones. His cheeks were dusted a light pink as he approached you, a nervous smile on his face.