12

Sam enters a room where your ship sat, looking just as amazing as she did when you last saw her. Your face lit up at the sight of your work, watching as others, most likely scientists and engineers working for Tony, surveyed the tech, carefully analyzed it. Sam looked down at a clipboard in his hands and handed it to you. "I-is there anything we've missed, we've sampled all the materials but we didn't want to take it apart unless you said it was alright". You read the materials off of the chart. "Corrugated iron, aluminum, steel, copper, glass and rubber as well as some unidentified alien stuff", you mutter. "Sounds about right". Sam's face lights up. "G-great, also I was just wanting to ask how you got such flimsy materials to create something able to withstand leaving earth, we decided it would be easier to just ask rather than taking it apart". You walk up the ship and gently run your hand down her smooth exterior wall. "Reinforcement". Sam cocks his head to the side. "What do you mean by reinforcement?". You sigh and take your hand off of the ship. "Ever single wall, every floor, everything was reinforced hundreds of times to ensure it was not only durable but airtight". Sam's mouth fell open. "And you did this all by yourself?". You nod. "What kind of tech did you use to reinforce everything?". You chuckle. "I didn't use any machinery, I did it with my bare hands, placing layer after layer of metal and then welding them together". Sam's mouth stayed open, his eyes wide in shock and amazement. "T-that must've taken years". "It did". Tony chuckles and places his hand on your shoulder. "Why don't you show us around?". You smile and approach the ships door, entering with Sam and Tony behind you.

The ship consisted of 3 main rooms, at the top was the storage, water, food and other supplies were kept here. Below that was the control room, there was a bed and shelves full of books on one side and the other had monitors and control panels littered with many buttons and leavers. The final room was the engine room, this was where most of the alien tech was situated. You all were currently standing on the middle floor, looking around everything in there. Sam looked down a spiral staircase that led to the engine room, seeming interested. "Feel free to have a look at the engine". He nods and begins heading down the stairs.

You glance back at Tony to get him to follow but notice him looking at something in his hand. You approach him and see that the item he held was a photograph of your mother, father and you as a newborn. Your mother and father were smiling brightly, delighted with the child they had just received. "I thought you said your mother died during childbirth". You look sadly down at the floor. "She didn't die during, she died a few minutes after I was delivered". You take the photo from his hand and examine her face. "Even though she had been through so much pain and was on the brink of death she gave one last smile so that I could have this picture and remember her. My father hung this photo on the wall and would spend hours just staring at it, remembering the last time he felt genuinely happy...", you trailed off. 

Tony's lips formed a line as he placed a hand on your shoulder. "Don't worry, you aren't the only one". You look up and meet his gaze, noticing the seriousness within it. "When I was younger my parents died too". Your eyes widened a little. "I'm sorry, may I ask how?". He nods. "They were murdered". There was a moment of silence before you decided to speak. "I know that I don't understa-". "The reason I'm telling you this is not to get you to understand, its to get you to realize you aren't alone and that you can open up to the people here, we only want to help you".

He lets his eyes leave yours, darting over to the many shelves of books. "Early this morning I received a case file, your case file to be exact. I had a private investigator visit everyone that was involved and most of the jury came out and admitted to being bribed. Since the case was rigged it was revisited by another judge and group of investigators. With the security camera footage of the guy harassing you in the bar and following you out we have proven your innocence". Your eyes widened as they glossed over, tears starting to drip down your face.

You suddenly hugged him, catching him off guard. He chuckled and placed his hands on your back, comfortingly rubbing it. "Thank you", you whisper. He just smiles as you let go of him, wiping your wet eyes. "But you did, however, commit the murder so to prove that you're not the killer you are believed to be you must still stay here with us". You nod your head, tucking a loose strand of hair behind your ear. "Thank you once again, without your help I would've ended up on the streets again". He gives an understanding nod, placing a hand on top of your head to ruffle your hair. "You're an Avenger now and once we've proven to the police that you aren't a threat I want you to work for me". Your eyes widened once more. "But what help am I? I'm nowhere near as intelligent as the people working here", you argue. Tony shakes his head. "Don't say that, you're smart and innovative, you created a spaceship out of a bunch of junk for crying out loud", he laughs. "Please consider my offer, I'm not going to force you into this if you don't want to and it's not like you have to decide right now either. When the time comes I will allow you to chose". You nod and look over at the stairs as Sam pokes his head up. "Are you two coming?", he asks. You flash him a quick smile and rush after him, wanting to complete the tour. Tony followed you down the stairs, a small smile on his face. He really admired you and seeing you happy filled him with warmth, he couldn't help but comfort and take care of you. If anything, you were the closest thing he ever had to a daughter.

No Loki in this chapter but he will definitely be back int he next chapter. I hope you enjoyed!! Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD