15

The day was fun, it was hard for you to admit it but you did enjoy yourself. The Avengers were kind and supported you, no longer seeing you as a threat but as a member. Also, you enjoyed your time with Sam, you could say he was the closest to you, probably your first friend. But it's not like you knew what that was like... you are still you after all. 

You finish your dinner and bring your knife and fork together, resting them on your now empty plate. "You all done?", Natasha asks, gesturing to your plate. You nod your head and allow her to take it from you. You remained seated as many of the Avengers stood, heading to their rooms. Tony notices you sitting at the table and approached you, offering you his hand. You happily took it and allowed him to pull you to your feet. "I'm sorry that we have to do this to you but it's time to go back downstairs", he says, patting you comfortingly on the back. You give an understanding nod, letting go of his head. "There's no need to feel guilty, I understand why you're doing this". He smiles lightly at you before moving away from you, turning to Bruce. "Do you mind taking her down?", he asks hopefully. Bruce nods slowly, his lips pressed into a line as he tries to suppress a smile. "Of course". Tony pats his shoulder before sending you a wave and leaving for his office. Bruce meets your gaze and then gestures to the elevator. "You ready to go?", he asks. You nod and walk through the metal doors with him behind you.

The ride down to the basement was quiet, neither you nor Bruce decided to speak. But a question invaded your mind and you couldn't help but ask. "Hey, Bruce?", you call quietly. He turns his face towards you, giving you all of his attention. "I was wondering why Tony was in such a hurry". He meets your gaze briefly before turning his eyes to the ground. "Thor asked to speak to him about something earlier, I'm not too sure what it was but it sounded confidential in the way he said. He was trying to keep quiet but you know how he is. His loud voice still allowed me to hear their conversation... well most of it anyway". You give him a thankful nod and exit the elevator with Bruce, approaching the large vault door. Bruce nods to one of the guards and the door slides open, allowing you to return to your confinement. You smiled and waved to Bruce before entering your cell through the barrier. You sat down on your bed, looking out at the vault door. Sure you knew that you were able to leave at any time, with your abilities you could do anything, you were basically invincible. But you didn't want to do that, you wanted to be here. They trusted you now and you wanted to let them know that you were worthy of that trust.

Once the vault door had fully closed and locked itself you lay back on your bed, feeling exhausted from your eventful day. So many new people were met, conversations had and time spent together. You wished you had had this while you grew up, just someone to pay you attention and accept you and your flaws. You turned your head to the side when you remembered that you weren't the only one in the room. Loki sat on his bed, staring blankly at the floor. You were unsure as to why he looked so emotionless, so dead. "Loki, are you alright?", you call. He quickly looks up, his eyes locking onto you. Even though he acknowledged you he didn't bother answering, not for a while anyway. "Are you mad at me for what I said to you?", he asks, his voice was raspy, sounding like he badly needed a drink of water. You shook your head and slid your phone out of your pocket to check the time. 7:56 pm. "I don't hold grudges, I like to forgive people and since you have apologised multiple times I don't see the point in feeling upset". You look away but his eyes continue to linger on your figure. "Thank you". You look back at him, noticing the genuine look of sincerity on his face, his words hold true meaning. You smiled lightly at him, glad that you were able to make amends with him. This was the first time that he had been serious with you, not teasing or mocking you. You could feel the emotion in his voice, feeling a strange sensation in your chest. Your heart was beating faster... it was a feeling you had never encountered before. Feeling the heat rise to your cheeks you turned away from the raven-haired man. At that moment you hadn't even noticed the vault door open and the guards enter, it was only when the lights switched off that you snapped out of your trance. "Lights out!". You sat there in darkness, slowly making your way backwards to lay in your bed. You turned our face back in the direction of Loki's cell, barely being able to make out his silhouette. "Good night", you say quietly. "Good night...".

Here ya go! Sorry, I haven't updated this story in a while, I was really invested in writing one of my other stories... Anyway, I hope you enjoyed. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD