Chapter Thirty Six - Adore You

CHAPTER 36

[Niall’s POV]

            I inhaled deeply, and knocked on his front door. It wasn’t long that I was waiting since Harry opened the door within a few seconds of my knocking. I tried my best to greet him normally, but this time I was robbed of all words as I looked at Harry and his attire. Harry was dressed head to toe in a tux of his own, only, it was the reverse of mine. He wore black dress pants with a black blazer, and a charcoal dress shirt. And it was all wrapped together by his charcoal hanky tucked in his blazer pocket. Looking at Harry, then thinking back to what Justin looked like, made it clear that Harry by far is, and forever will be, the best person to have at my side.

            Harry’s hand met mine and he brought me into his house, closing and locking the door behind us. I was breath taken and had nothing to say. He looked so perfect standing there, and this man had actually taken the breath away from me. He had his stupid little grin on his face – the one that displayed his dimples – and his hair was perfectly tossed upwards and backwards, just the way I like it. I could smell his cologne and it was the one he wore the night we first slept together and it brought back those perfect memories.

            Our hands were still tied together as one when Harry started bringing me towards the back of his house, near the back exit. I had never seen his backyard, let alone the rooms that were behind his kitchen, but it consisted of a small pantry and next to it, a screen door. Harry opened it and helped me out onto his back patio. The lights were off and it was pitch black. I couldn’t see a thing and had no idea what Harry was planning, but I was excited and started to feel very giddy. Harry let go of my hand for a second and took a step off to what I think was my side, but I couldn’t really tell since it was so dark.

            I heard a quiet little flick and the lights on the patio slowly started to illuminate the area. When I thought the lights were finished, they continued out into his backyard as they were strung on wires that ran throughout the many trees. His backyard was secluded and his neighbors couldn’t really see what was back here, which was comforting. When the lights were finally finished and fully turned on, I focused on the backyard and looked at the scenery around me. There were potted roses that were white and red, there were drapes that also hung from the trees, and there was a small table that also had a large blanket beside it.

            “We’ll be sleeping under the stars tonight.” Harry smiled, whispering in my ear. His voice was low and as it hummed throughout, so did the sensation brought on by his raspy tone. Next thing I knew, Harry was taking me down to the grass where the table was. He sat me down and picked up a small speaker that was hidden behind the tablecloth. He put it on the table, attached his phone to it, and tapped his phones screen. As he did so, music started to quietly play from the speaker. It wasn’t too loud so the neighbors could hear, but it was loud enough for just us. Harry had another smile on his face, as he looked down at me, sitting, just looking up at him in awe, “May I have this dance?” Harry extended his hand and waited for me to take it, which he wasn’t waiting long for, and pulled me close to him, wrapping his arms around my lower half and interlocking his fingers. My hands found their home around his neck.

            “I love this song.” I whispered into Harry’s neck, not sure if he could hear me, but I tried. I felt Harry nod and hum as we danced to Adore You by Miley Cyrus. As the song played, I listened to the words and put my life with Harry into the song and everything fit so perfectly. I really did adore him – I was so far in love with him, it was crazy.