Chapter Twelve - Closure

CHAPTER 12

[Zayn’s POV]

I stood in a small circle with Liam, Louis, and Niall. We were huddled together in a group hug. I felt a lot better than I did last week when the tragedy actually occurred. Niall and his mum have been taking such great care of me and having Niall near me calms me down. He was such a great friend – a true treasure. After what I’ve put him through, I don’t deserve his sympathy or help, but he insists anyway. He’ll make a wonderful husband one day.

“You ready?” Niall mumbled within our group hug. The four of us were standing outside in a park with all our families, close friends, teachers and other people I didn’t know. We were at my family’s funeral. I tried not to think about it much, but the cold hard truth was that they were all dead.

“Before we go, Louis and I have something to say.” Liam spoke out, lifting his head out of the group hug. I eyed Niall who eyed me back, not knowing what it was about, “Louis and I… We’re… We’re dating.” Liam choked out. It was a happy choke mixed with a saddened one. I softly smiled at Liam. He seemed so happy, which warmed my heart. I saw Niall give Louis a surprised look and Louis returned it with his own surprised look as he took Liam’s hand. They actually made a cute couple.

Niall was biting on his lip and shifting his eyes awkwardly as if he were looking for someone. He wasn’t looking for someone to be around, it was more so as if he was looking to make sure someone was not around. When he was content he bent down and spoke, “I have something to say too, lads.”

“What?” We all chorused.

“Me and someone have been seeing each other. We’ve kissed a lot and the other day he asked me to be his boyfriend.” I looked at Louis who looked at me. We both knew who this man was and Liam was unsure of who it was and looked confused.

“Really?” Louis asked.

“Who is it?” Liam called out.

“I’m so proud!” I smiled.

“Seriously. Tell me who it is!” Liam whined.

“I don’t know what to say? Should I say yes?” Niall questioned.

“Who. Is. It!?” Liam practically screamed.

“Obviously say yes!” Louis and I both said in unison.

“Okay seriously guys…” Liam groaned in an annoying manner. The three of us looked at Liam with questioning eyes, completely unaware of what he’s been saying since we were lost in our own little conversation, “Tell me who this guy is!”

“Oh,” Niall said, “Promise not to tell? Like swear on your fucking life and if you tell I have permission to kill you.”

“Yes. Fine. Whatever, I promise.”

“It’s Mr. Styles.” Niall smiled, happiness shimmering in his eyes. Liam smiled and nodded understandingly. We all understood that that was something we truly had to keep to ourselves. If word got out shit would happen.