Chapter Seven - Call Me Harry

CHAPTER 7

[Niall’s POV]

The next day I was sat in English, early once again. I felt different. This morning when I woke up I didn’t want to slip back into my bed and hide under the covers. I was actually excited to start my day and felt genuinely happy. At the breakfast table, for the first time in a very long time, I actually had sat down with my mum and ate with her. She was smiling the whole time as she too noticed the change in my mood. It felt good to have her smile at me for once and not frown in depression and disappointment. I felt confident, something I haven’t felt in a long time. This change, within just a snap of a finger, changed me and I couldn’t describe what or how, but I knew who,

Mr. Styles.

They’re mutual. They were mutual. My feelings for him were mutual. He liked me back. The older, beautiful, sexy man liked me back. I knew this was wrong, so so wrong, but if it was wrong then why did knowing he liked me back feel so damn right? The way he spoke into my neck weakened me. I can’t even.

“Hey Niall.” I heard the sweet voice of Eleanor speak as she sat down, snapping me out of my fantasy and into reality – oh wait, my fantasy has actually become my reality. Confusing, eh?

“How are you, love?” I smiled, too busy being overly happy with the world to calm myself down. Eleanor didn’t respond and only looked strictly forward and nowhere else. Her eyes were glistening, unwanted tears surfacing them, “Woah. Are you okay?”

“No, Niall, I am not okay.” She blurted aggressively, “You told me Louis had feelings for me, and when I asked him about it he said no he didn’t and made me look like a complete fool. I was so embarrassed. I still am embarrassed, Niall.”

I sat in complete shock for about a minute, unable to make sense of what she just said. I didn’t have a reply, clearing the room for El to rant more, “And Liam just stood there laughing at me, and then Louis laughed at me too.”

“Wait, he was with Liam?” I asked, “Wasn’t he supposed to just be with you after school?”

“That’s what I thought, but after they both laughed at me, they left together. I just went home and had a good cry with my mum.” Eleanor sighed, fighting back her tears. She was a strong girl. “Whatever though. Just a misunderstanding, yeah?” She smiled innocently at me, and I tried my best to return her smile with my own, but I was still very confused about the whole thing.

Class passed and lunch was nothing out of the ordinary. Well, if you exclude both Liam and Zayn sitting with Louis and I, happily eating their lunch while I awkwardly sat there, nibbling on my own lunch, then it was perfectly ordinary. I could tell that Louis was still tense with Zayn, but wherever Liam went, Zayn went, and vice versa. And Louis and Liam, somehow, got very close within the last few days so if I wanted to chat with Louis, I pretty much was chatting with Liam, and with Zayn since Zayn followed Liam. I know, I know… Confusing. I felt Zayn’s awkwardness rise as well since he remained silent, watching my best friend and his best friend converse without us.

“Um, Louis?” I squeaked rather softly, afraid of interrupting the conversation he was already a part of. He tilted his head and smiled at me, beckoning me to continue, “I was talking to Eleanor today and she was pretty upset because she tried talking to you yesterday about… You liking her… But she said you said you didn’t?” I raised my voice at the end, forming an uneasy question, once again afraid of Louis’ response. It could really go either way. He could be fine and cool about it, or get angry with me for talking to Eleanor about it in the first place.