Chapter Three - Said Too Much

CHAPTER 3

[Niall’s POV]

That feeling you get in the pit of your stomach when something, or in my case everything, is wrong – that twisted ‘I’m-going-to-throw-up’ feeling that just hovers inside of you. Well that’s me right now. It’s the next day and I’m terrified, more terrified than I’ve ever been. As I walk into the main doors of the school I anticipate every entry in my journal to be ripped out of the binding and taped to the walls. It would be the ultimate prank for Zayn to do. That sounds like something he’d do because I feel as if he’s dedicated his life to making me feel like absolute shit.

When I opened the main doors, I swallowed the lump in my throat, only making my desire to throw up everywhere closer to a reality. I lifted my low hanging head slightly to see if my hypothesis was anywhere near accurate. It wasn’t. Either Zayn hadn’t read my journal, or he’s planning on embarrassing me in a more brutal way. I hated this feeling and I hated him.

“Mr. Horan.” I heard coming from down the hall. It was that familiar voice that I loved so much, the raspy, sensual voice of Mr. Styles. I tilted my head up more so I could look at his perfectly chiseled face, “Are you stopping by after school for more help?” He smiled as I approached him, and his smile was the exact same as the smile he gave me yesterday – a more personal smile. He made it impossible for me to say no, but let’s be serious, I’d never say no to him.

I quickly nodded and he placed his hand on my shoulder, “Good.” He gave me a wink and continued walking. Just then, I felt comfortable, but when his warm hand left my shoulder I felt the cold again. I brought my attention to down the hall, where I was aware of Zayn walking down the hallway with his girlfriend, Perrie Edwards. He was looking right at me. I contemplated running the other way, but I just briskly walked past him. As I walked I saw the look in his eyes. A look of pain. A look my eyes were professionally trained in.

I hadn’t a clue why he would’ve been in pain, but I pushed that thought, and any thought of Zayn Malik out of my head. As I turned the hallway, the first bell rang and the school day began. As each class went by, I grew both excited and scared. Yesterday I left Mr. Styles in an awkward situation, so I don’t know what he’ll say about it. And soon, the last bell rang and I found myself saying goodbye to Louis, “I’ll talk to you later tonight, Louis.”

“Where are you off to again?” Louis asked as he squinted his eyes at me, “Have you a secret boyfriend you aren’t telling me about?”

“Don’t be delusional Louis, I’ll never have a boyfriend. I do however have a tutor for Math that I’m meeting with. It’s Mr. Styles. He’s afraid I’m going to fail his course, which even with his help, I’ll probably still fail.” I watched as Louis raised his eyebrows and then grinned mischievously.

“Sure, ‘tutoring.’ Ok Horan.” Louis flirtatiously licked his lips while patting my shoulder, “Just be careful with what you’re getting yourself into.” I starred at his back as he walked down the hall. The sass was practically dripping off of him. I silently chuckled and walked down to Mr. Styles’ room.

“Ah, good afternoon Niall. You ready for your lesson?” Mr. Styles spoke a bit coldly as I entered his room. I nodded briskly and took my seat in the center front of the room. Mr. Styles sat down beside me, placing another Math sheet on the desk, “Today we’re going to learn how to simplify algebraic equations and how to solve them. Ok?” I only nodded in response.