Chapter Thirteen - Go Home

CHAPTER 12

[Zayn’s POV]

“That sounded perfect.” I smiled at Niall as he placed his guitar down beside him on his bed. I sat crossed legged on his bedroom floor listening to him practice for the talent show in the upcoming week. He was going to sing an acoustic version of Miley Cyrus’ new song, We Can’t Stop. He had changed it up a bit to add his own originality to it.

“You really think so?” He smiled down at me, moving aside so I could sit on the bed too. I jumped up and nodded eagerly, causing him to smile. He then turned his head to look at the clock on his wall, “Shit, I’ve got to get going! Harry’s probably waiting for me!”

“What’s going on?” I grinned, watching the boy jump up and rip his clothes off. He was running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Niall didn’t answer until he had put on a black sweater and grey skinny jeans,

“I’m going to Harry’s house tonight. It’s Friday night! It’s date night!” He grinned. I watched as he sprayed cologne in the air and walked through the faint cloud several times. I couldn’t help but to laugh as how giddy he got for his date. He picked up his guitar and packed it away in its case, “I’m going to sing my song for Harry!”

“He’ll fall deeper in love with you after he hears you sing.” I said. Niall gave me a side-glance and awkwardly laughed. I’d assume from the word ‘love’. Soon enough he was running down his steps and running out the door, leaving me alone in his house as his mother was at the market buying food.

I took this time to catch up on the sleep I haven’t been getting since everything happened. I found myself laying down on the couch in Niall’s family room and soon got lost in the darkness. The sleep was uneventful as I didn’t dream anything, and if I did, I hadn’t remembered it.

“Zayn, sweetie?” I slowly opened my eyes and saw Niall’s mum standing at the room entrance, a smile on her face, “Do you happen to know where my son may be?”

“Oh yes,” I yawned, “He went out for date night.” I continued to speak through my yawn.

“Date night?” His mum looked at me with a confused glance.

“Yeah, with Harry.” I then rested my head back onto the pillow I had been resting on and listened to Mrs. Horan speak.

“Who’s Harry?”

“Harry Styles.”

“What.” And this wasn’t a question - it was a statement. I suddenly realized what I had said and sat straight up, scared for myself, but mostly scared for Niall, “What do you mean date night with Harry Styles. Harry Styles is Niall’s math teacher!”

I remained silent; ashamed I had let Niall down. I refused to look up into his mum’s eyes because I could tell she was close to crying since her voice was breaking. I tried to come up with an excuse but it was too late. She knew I meant his teacher and I saw how her face turned from happy to angered. She quickly left the house and I heard her tires roaring down the street.

I ran up to my bedroom and grabbed my phone, and dialed Niall’s number. I had to get a hold of him.

[Niall’s POV]

“Your voice… It’s angelic…” Harry quietly smiled from the foot of his bed. I sat up near the bed frame and sang the actual song I was singing for the talent show, “And you wrote this?”