Chapter 13: Pregnant

(Normal pov)

Heather was moaning and groaning in discomfort, she slowly sat up from bed and looked to her left to see Hiccup fast asleep, he looked so peaceful, despite him having... an usual and abnormal side of him, she still loved him. 

Suddenly, Heather felt bile rise to her throat, she quickly wrapped herself in heavy bear furs and raced outside and threw up her dinner, she panted and wiped her mouth off, she felt sick all of the sudden, she threw up once more and coughed up little chucks of bile. 

"Gross." She muttered to herself, she then suddenly began wondering out loud to herself. "A-am I... pregnant?" She asked to herself, both nervousness and excitement bubbled in her mind, deciding to see if she truly was pregnant, she paid a visit to Dahlia the Dark One of the Lava Louts. She's called the Dark One because her mother was a powerful sorceress and used her dark magics, and rumor is, she uses human sacrifices to strengthen her powers in dark magics. But also, she's a healer and one of the best in Hiccup's army. 

Heather made her way over toward Lava Lout's ships and found Dahlia discussing with some Lava Louts, when the Dark One laid eyes on Heather, she dismissed the others and greeted Heather. "Heather. To what do I owe you pleasure?" She asked, Heather approached and spoke her desires. "I need you to... I believe I am with child." Heather whispered out, Dahlia then led Heather to her quarters, her room was dimly lit, there were raven skulls dangling from the roof, there were jars of strange looking liquids and an abundance of other... things. 

"Sit." Dahlia said lightly to Heather, the raven haired teen nodded and sat down on the bed, Heather watched as Dahlia approached her and placed a hand on her belly, the Dark One then closed her eyes and began chanting in ancient Norse, after three minutes, Dahlia's eyes snapped open and she looked into Heathers eyes. "It appears you're pregnant with triplets." She announced, Heather gasped in surprise and joy. 

The Dark One then went to one of her shelves and took a jar bottle that looked like it was filled with yak piss, when she presented it to Heather, she raised an eyebrow at it. "What is it?" Heather asked in curiosity, Dahlia answered. "It'll help calm your stomach down, as well as help you from throwing up." The Dark One placed the jar in a bag and gave it to Heather, the raven haired teen thanked Dahlia for her assistance and left her quarters, the cold night air was most welcome, she breathed in the air and exhaled slowly, unable to remove the grin spread across her face. 

She was pregnant, with Hiccup's triplets. 

Heather looked up toward the stars in the heavens and laughed lightly. "Thank you, for the promise of triplets, and for blessing me with an amazing husband, and soon a future family." She whispered, Heather than made her way back Hiccup's dreadnaught, where Hiccup himself was just about to send patrols looking for her, he rushed over to her and embraced her. 

"There you are! Where did you run off to?" Hiccup asked with concern, but the happiness written on Heathers face made Hiccup raise an eyebrow. "Heather? Whats going on?" He asked, Heather grinned wider and and leaned toward Hiccup's ear and whispered. "I'm pregnant. You're going to be a father Hiccup." When Heather pulled away, Hiccup gasped in surprise, then his face lit up with happiness, he then kneeled before Heather and placed his forehead on her belly and whispered. 

"I am going to be a father." 

Hiccup muttered that to himself with clear joy and happiness, Heather to laughed lightly at her husbands excitement and clutched his head, digging her hands in his hair and massaging his scalp. They were going to have a family. And they would become the most legendary Viking family in history. 

(Italy, Autum 1347)

No where at the time was more rich in trade than the ports of Northern Italy. Merchants and traders are dropping anchor at the harbors, and offloading their goods out of their boats to begin selling them to the good citizens of Italy. Florence Italy, with a population forty thousand Italians was said to resemble a ripe pomegranate. Merchants and traders, rich and poor, business and pleasure, it was what made this place what it is.

However, little did the people of Italy know, that these next few days will be the worst days of their lives. The sailors retuning from the Black Sea of the East, pestilence was already in these sailors blood and their breath. The people of Italy and beyond would soon affect all of medieval life- religion, feudalism, and family. 

No one was prepared for the speed of tis disease, which is known as the Black Plague. And it threatened all of man in Italy and beyond. 

A/N: Finally Heather is pregnant! Sadly, one two of the triplets will be born, because the Black Plague will be arriving soon enough and its vile scourge will claim the life of Heather the third of Hiccup's unborn children, millions of people from Italy to Ireland, as well as hundreds of Hiccup's Vikings.