I Don't Know What To Do Or Say

Chapter 6  

LOUIS POV

Those 6 words shattered my heart into a million pieces. Why was god doing this to me, I don’t understand what have I done to deserve this.  Zayn looked to me, I looked to the door which Niall and Liam were blocking. I don’t think much thought went into this at all. I grabbed my phone and practically pushed past Niall and Liam running up to Harry and I’s apartment. I guess my brain or heart didn’t really want to think he had been in an accident so I was going to check the apartment. As soon as I pushed the bedroom door open, I knew I had to face it that he really was in an accident. I saw his clothes that he never folded in the corner, his bed was messy I could smell his aftershave.

“Louis, what are you doing?” I heard Zayn yell.

I let the tears fall as I picked up the first shirt that I saw.  I knew Zayn, Niall and Liam were watching me at the doorway. I took his shirt into my room pushing past the boys trying to hide the fact that I was crying.

I quickly grabbed a fresh change of clothes and my keys and phone. I jumped in my car starting the engine, I was driving to the closest hospital. I bolted in there but not before Zayn, Liam and Niall caught up with me.

“Harry Styles” my voice shaky as I spoke to the nurse at the front desk.

She was typing away on her computer for a while.

“Harry Styles does not have a room allocated to him yet, we will let you know when he does.” She says politely.

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE DOESN’T HAVE A ROOM YET?” I yelled back.

“Lou clam down, he will be fine. Sorry about him” Zayn said to the nurse, as he dragged me away.

1 Hour Later…

LOUIS POV

I could hear the clicking of shoes; I looked up from my hands to see a friendly looking nurse.

“Harry Styles” she called out.

I was instantly paying attention; the other boys had stood up. She walked up to us trying to put a smile on her face.

“He’s in room 111” she politely told us “The doctor will be able to update you on his condition when you get there.”

I didn’t really get her last words I was off and looking for the room.

“Slow Down Lou” I heard Niall yell.

Nope sorry Niall but I can’t I need to see if he was alright. I got to the door and took a breath and pushed the door open. The room was eerily quiet all I could hear was a constant beeping noise, I looked around there was a single white bed with a boy about Harry’s age lying on the bed, I looked at his face, it wasn’t Harry, no it couldn’t possibly be, half his head was shaved as well, I walked back out of the room just as the other boys were arriving.

“What’s wrong Louis?” Zayn asked.

“That’s not Harry.” I said.

They all pushed open the door, to see the figure I saw. They all gasped in shock.

“Harry” Niall whispered.

“Louis, I’m sorry but it is Harry.”

“No it’s not, Zayn stop lying to me, I want to know where he is, this is not Harry.” I was crying now.

I wanted my best friend, the person I was in love with back. Zayn was hugging me.

“Lou, you love him, all these feelings you have now are perfectly normal, anger, sadness, not wanting to accept it.”

But I couldn’t believe it has I got closer to him I could see some of the features that Harry had but he was barely recognisable, which hurt so much.  I could feel my tears streaming down my face; I wanted to tell him everything would be alright, but I didn’t know if it would be, I didn’t know anything and that’s what hurt me the most is I still didn’t know if he was going to make it, if my heart will be able to break anymore.

I grabbed onto his hand, and held it tightly; I never wanted to let it go. Zayn grabbed my shoulder; he was letting me know that he’s here and that I’m not alone.  Hours passed not that I really noticed, nothing was changing. The doctor walked in.

“Sorry we took so long was just waiting for the test results to come back” he apologised. “So Harry was in a very serious accident, the other occupants in the car died at the scene…. “

“Who else was in the car?” I questioned.

“We still haven’t been able to confirm who they are yet, one of them was a girl, and there were 2 boys. But continuing with Harry’s condition, well we don’t know when he will wake up or if he will wake up still all we know is he has to be monitored carefully until his condition improves.

“So are you saying, that he might never wake up?” Niall asked.

“Look its possible, but don’t give your hopes up”

Zayn looked to me, I started to breathe heavily, my hands felt sweaty, no I don ‘t want him to die, I need to tell him how I feel.

Days passed (5 to be exact)

There was still no improvement, it felt like sitting here was getting pointless. The boys were extremely worried about me and my health, but I was more worried about Harry. It was just another typical day in the hospital for us. We were all sitting around chatting, the other boys went to get food and then I started talking to Harry even though he couldn’t hear me. But as soon as the boys left things took a turn for the worst. I grabbed his hand but all these machines started beeping, and I looked at his heart rate monitor, it was going down and rapidly.

“Haz I love you, please just don’t leave me.”

All these doctors and nurses came running in and were pushing me out of the way.

“PLEASE DON’T DO THIS TO ME HARRY” I yelled as I broke down in tears and a nurse escorted me to the chair in the corner of the room. I watched in horror as they kept putting electric shocks through his body to get his heart to beat again. I could hear the doctor “We’re calling time at….”

“NO!” I screamed “Please keep trying, I love him.” I pleaded.

They all looked at me. “Please” I whispered.  The doctor nodded and continued to work on him. After two more shocks, the normal beeping noise could be heard. I breathed a sigh of relief. I could see the boys coming back. They opened the door to be greeted by all of the doctors and nurses and they could clearly tell I had been crying.

“What’s going on?” they questioned.

“Harry had an organ malfunction his heart stopped beating for a while we were able to revive him luckily.” The doctor said sympathetically as everyone left the room.

“You had to deal with all that on your own Lou?” Zayn asked comforting me.

I nodded “They nearly called time as well, it was the worst feeling in the world.” I cried into Zayn’s shoulder.

He comforted me until I fell asleep. 

A/N: That whole chapter was in Louis' pov obviously cause Harry died like once and then came back alive but isn't awake yet. Sorry for leaving it so long just was really sick and busy, I wrote most of this chapter in my after school detention yesterday for wait for it Being late to class yep you can laugh my school is gay :) Yeah so enjoy and I have had some amazing comments on this story that mean a lot to me so thank you Lot's ok Love Krissy x