31| Jointly

joint·ly
/ˈjointlē/

adverb
with another person or people; together.
"a report prepared jointly by Harvard and Yale universities"

~•~

[5 days later]

It had been 5 days since I left the why don't we house.

5 days without my newfound family.

5 days without Daniel.

I had gone back to school To find Daniel was no longer teaching.

Jonah and I had stayed in touch and texted everyday. He told me that yesterday Daniel had finally returned home and after talking to him and telling him the truth he hadn't left his room.

I wanted to run into his arms but, I couldn't. Plus I didn't even know for sure he felt the same anymore.

I had to get over him.

I had to realize he was gone.

I sat on the couch and looked through my phone.

Just then Jonah texted me.:

________________________________
Today at 2:36 pm

Hoenah
──────────────────────╗
Hey El. Can I come over and hang
out? There's a lot of drama
and yelling right now. I'm hiding in
closet....
──────────────────────╝

Me
╔──────────────────────
Of course you can. When you do,                                                       spill the tea. I'm just making some 
snack pancakes. Sorry if I caused
that btw. The door is unlocked for
ya. See ya in a bit Jo.
╚──────────────────────

________________________________

I got up and started making pancakes because I wanted them.

I was flipping a pancake when I heard a knock on the door. I yelled.

E: Come on in Jo. I told you it's unlocked.

I heard the door open and I smiled.

E: I am almost done.

Just then I felt arms wrap around my waist.

E: J-Jonah?

I felt lips touch my skin. They kissed my cheek and then down.

E: Jonah y-you have a girlfriend and I—-

The lips kissed down my neck and held the kiss on my shoulder. Those lips...felt familiar...I moaned slightly....this isn't Jonah....

E: W-Wait...

I spun around and the lips left me. I stared into eyes.

And those dumbass, asshole, beautiful, amazing blues eyes stared back at me.

E: Daniel....?

D: Ella.

He frowned and looked down from me. He backed up a step. I walked forward to touch his chest again but, he fell to his knees. I looked down at him.

D: Ella! I just want to say how sorry I am. I fucked up so bad. I know that. I should've just listened. Like I tell you to just listen, I can't even take my own advice. I should have let you speak and not assumed. I'm so sorry that you went through so much without me because I was a terrible asshole and a—-

He was talking. He was apologizing. He was here.

To be honest I wasn't listening fully. All I knew was that I needed him and the fact he came back for me and felt bad and I wanted to make things right made me want to be with him again. He made a terrible yet, understandable mistake. As much as it hurt I understood him and his anger.

I dropped out my thoughts to look at his cute face still rambling on.

D: I mean who said it had to be yours? We live with 4 other girls. I should have not been a dick. I just have been the worst and sometimes I just—

I cut him off by getting on my knees in front of him and kissing him. He immediately kissed back. He held me and picked us up. I wrapped my legs around his waist. He pulled away.

D: I am so so so so so—

E: Daniel

D: Yeah?

E: I kind of forgave you when you made me moan...

I giggled and he stayed quiet.

D: Ella. No don't do your whole sweet, cute thing. I am an idiot, how could you—-

E: I understand and even though it hurt...I got your point of view....how it may have seemed. Paying people to help you with a good fake pregnancy is a small price to pay when your a true needing money gold digger it's something that can make sure you never trust anyone. I'm just sorry you didn't trust me enough to know that. That's what really hurt. Daniel the truth is worse though, how will you ever forgive me?

D: Baby. I was never really mad. Even after I walked out of the house and when I saw you at the red light. Its not your fault that you lost the baby. That happens. It might be for the best, we are a mess—I am a mess. Baby. I walked out on your when you needed me. How will you ever forgive me? What can I do to make you mine again?

E: I want tw-no three hoodies. A full cuddle day and....maybe...my ring?

D: You can have three hoodies, as many FULL cuddle days as you want, you can move back into my room and this ring?

He placed the ring on my finger and kissed it.

D: Does this mean we are still together?

E: Were we ever apart?

He smiled and kissed me.

D: You shouldn't forgive me Ella. I'm no good.

E: I love you. It's hard not to.

D: Let's just stop. We will go back and forth. Thank you for taking me back. Now, I call cuddle time on the couch with pancakes.

E: I like what you're thinking Seavey.

I grabbed the pancakes and he carried me and the food over to the couch. We cuddled to a movie and Daniel kissed my cheek.

D: I love you Ella.

E: I love you too Daniel.

I kissed his cheek. I had never been happier than to have Daniel in my arms once again

I loved this man forever and always. I truly will (this time) never let him go.