(young) Sheith pt. 1

It's an AU where Kerberos never happened with Shiro and the galra never came to abduct them! Voltron doesn't exist! Also, Adam is a student instead of a teacher

Warnings that follow:
- Slight strong language
- Jealousy
- Slight manipulation
~•~

Since Keith's father died, Shiro took him in, and had been denied the Kerberos mission, they've lived under the same roof for quite awhile. Keith and Shiro grew older, and the younger male developed feelings for the older.

Then, this other person, Adam, came along. He has a huge crush on Shiro, wishing that he could be Shiro's and Shiro's alone. It's just not fair.

"Hey, Shiro... can I talk with you?" Adam spoke from outside said man's office.

Shiro looked up and saw him, giving a warm smile. "Hello, Adam, come in." He answered, setting his pen down. He was writing down something.

Adam gave a weak smile, then walked in, closing the door. He took a seat in front of Shiro. "I need to tell you something about Keith..." he said, losing his smile.

"Keith? Did he do something?" Shiro asked, looking very worried.

Adam gave a small nod. He went on to explain that Keith was being mean to him, calling him out for his mistakes, and so much more. Of course, that's all a lie. Adam only said all of those things because he knows Keith and Shiro are close. He fears that they're together so he's trying to split them apart.

Shiro nodded along, getting mad at Keith. "Thank you for telling me, I'll definitely talk with him about it." He sent Adam off, soon calling for Keith.

Soon, the male went to Shiro's office. He closed the door behind himself, sitting in the chair across from him. "Hey, you wanted to see me?" He asked, not sure why he had called him down.

"I just received a report from Adam that you've been verbally bullying him." Shiro said sternly, getting a surprised look in return from Keith.

"What? Shiro, you know me! I wouldn't hurt someone for no reason!" Keith argued, not understanding why Adam would lie about something like that. "We don't even tal-"

"That's enough, Keith. I'll deal with this when we get home." He interrupted, really upset with him right now.

Keith mumbled something then left, but he didn't go back to class. He went home, quickly changing. "Bullshit. Fucking Adam is such a liar! Shiro can talk to anyone, they'll tell him that I don't even interact with that bitch." He grumbled.

He stormed out, going to his old house. It had been vacant since Keith left it. No one was interested in buying or renting it. Keith sighed softly, stepping in. There was no sign of life ever being in. It was empty, only a few old stuff from years ago. He always comes here to blow off steam, just to calm down. "Stupid Adam. Stupid Shiro. Stupid me." He muttered, then sat on the dusty couch.

He laid down, soon falling asleep.

A few hours later and there were footsteps. They belong to Shiro. He sighed softly, looking down at the sleeping boy. "Keith..." he groaned, then lightly shook him to wake him up.

Keith soon did wake up, looking at Shiro, then sat up quickly in alarm.

Shiro jumped back in surprise, but kept a stern expression. "Come on, we're going home." He said harshly.

Keith frowned, standing up. He followed Shiro back home, looking down the whole time. He feels off and rather tired. "Why don't you believe me?" He asked once they stepped foot in the familiar house.

"First you harass Adam, then you run aw-"

"I didn't run away! If I had, then I would've went where you couldn't find me!" Keith snapped, crossing his arms. "Why don't you ask the entire garrison!? They all fucking know that I don't even associate with that prick!" He added on, his face with anger.

"You don't talk to me like that." Shiro furrowed his brows, getting upset with him.

"Fuck you, Takashi. I'm not some dumb kid that needs your approval on everything. I don't talk to Adam, and until you fucking believe me, I won't talk to you either." Keith himself hates it when he isolates himself from Shiro, but he has to. He went off to his room, slamming the door.

Shiro sighed softly, starting on dinner.

A few days pass and Keith hasn't been talking to anyone actually. He's not trying as hard anymore and he definitely seems sadder than usual.

But according to Adam, Keith is still bullying him. And everyday after Keith gets home, he's yelled at by Shiro who gets no reaction. Until one day...

"Keith and Adam. You're needed in Takashi Shirogane's office." One of the teachers spoke, the two boys heading there.

Adam went in first, Keith following after. They sat in the chairs, across from Shiro. Adam looking at Shiro, and Keith just looking down.

"Now, Adam, explain to me what Keith's been doing." Shiro started up, soon getting Adam's story.

"Well... Keith's been making fun of me and telling me mean stuff." Adam lied, frowning. "He would also call me names." He added.

Kenny mentally scoffed, but shown no reaction.

"Keith, is this true?" Shiro asked him, looking to the younger male.

He just ignored him. 'I thought I could trust you...'

"Silence is all I need. Adam, let me talk with him alone, alright? I'll make sure he stops." Shiro sighed with a small frown.

~•~

After they got home, Shiro stopped Keith from going into his room. "Keith." He only spoke, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Please just talk to me. Tell me the truth." He frowned.

Keith didn't respond, only giving him a deadpan expression.

"I talked with everyone in your classes and checked the surveillance. I know he's lying." Shiro said softly, hoping that'll get him to talk. It did, but not how he wanted.

"Now you believe me..?" Keith asked sadly. "After how long..? Four days? And it's not even /me/ you believe from?" His voice was crackly and broken. "After I believed in you... you couldn't do the same for me?" He wiped his own eyes, tears falling down. "Everyone I let in... everyone I think I can trust... they turn their backs..."

"Keith, I'm sorry..." Shiro whispered, never wanting to make him upset.

"Don't be. It's not your fault that I let you in." Keith spoke, turned around, then went off to his room. He closed his door lightly, falling on his bed, and hugging his pillow. He cried softly into it, his sobs heavily muffled.

Shiro felt something inside of him die a little, feeling hatred of himself. How could he let this happen to him? Why did he do this? He walked to Keith's room after a few minutes. Knocking on his door, he got no answer. With a reluctant sigh, he walked in, seeing Keith passed out asleep.

A chuckle escaped Shiro's lips, taking off his own shoes and laying next to Keith. "I'm sorry..." He fell asleep too, holding Keith so close.