Shance

Yep!! A cliché one shot! The next one won't be I promise!

Warnings that follow:
-Mention of self harm
-Slight strong language
-Slight sexual content
~•~

The paladins, along with Allura and Coran, were all eating at the table, Lance not so much. No one really took notice besides Shiro. Lance hadn't been eating much since about three weeks ago. Everyone noticed at first, but the Cuban just blames it all on tiredness of training. They always eat after training, so they just shrugged it off and didn't push him about it anymore.

Once everyone was finished, Pidge took the dishes since it's her turn to do them. Lance was the first to leave to his room, still saying he's tired. Yeah, he's not lying, but he's actually just mentally tired. Tired of most things that's been happening. With growing comes depression.

'Damnit... you told yourself you'd eat today!!' He mentally yelled at himself. He was getting for bed, but someone interrupted that via knock. "Lance..? Hey, it's Shiro..." his soft voice soothed. "It's.. unlocked..." Lance answered him after a few seconds of putting his shirt back on. Long sleeved of course.

Shiro opened the door with a nice, satisfying 'swoosh' coming from it. He walked in and closed it. Sitting on the bed, came along awkward silence. Then, the older broke it. "Hey, Lance... I've noticed you've been a little... 'under the weather' lately.."

"What do you mean?" Lance asked, pulling on a fake smirk. "I'm being serious. You haven't been trying as much anymore. I'm getting worried." Lance dropped his slight smile with a sigh.

"It's nothing.. just missing home again..." he lied. Shiro saw right through it as he scooted a bit closer to him. "Try again." The tanner just looked to the floor, not wanting to admit the truth.

Shiro leaned slightly closer. "Please tell me. You know you can trust me." He whispered. Lance shuddered. "What uh... w-what are you...?" He stuttered out, embarrassed he's about to ask. Shiro was obviously confused.

"What do you mean?" "I... I m-mean... are you gay!?" The younger asked out quickly, closing his eyes tightly, and tilting his head down slightly.

Shiro was taken aback to say the least, blushing lightly. "I.. yes, I am. But what does your behavior after to do with my sexual preferences?" He genuinely asked, not putting the obvious pieces together. "It has everything to do with everything!!" He suddenly started crying, opening his eyes, but not looking at Shiro.

"You're dumber than you look..!" He snapped, wiping his own eyes, and looking to his open crush.

The ladder jumped slightly, not at all expecting a loud outburst like that. "Lance-" "I've tried so hard to get your attention! I-I pick you to train with me when I can! I've made extra food on purpose so you can have it!" He started shaking slightly. "I even told Pidge to help me, but you just—! You don't like me..." "Lance, listen." Shiro said sternly, putting both hands on Lance's shoulders to make him, Lance, look in his direction.

"I've definitely noticed. I just didn't say anything because if I was wrong... I didn't want to embarrass myself and make things awkward." Shiro explained himself, biting his tongue within his mouth.

The hot tears that had been running down Lance's face stopped, but their trails were still there as his face was a little red from crying. "I really like you, Lance. I'd... I'd say I love you even if that doesn't sounds weird or creepy...!" The verbal male laughed lightly, just trying to lighten the mood.