Chapter Fifty-Seven

Leighanne's Pov-
Nessa and I were on our way over to Ashley's house. She has been refusing to hang out with us, and we're worried about her. I know why she's avoiding us, it's about her being pregnant. "She's just beside herself." Nessa said, as she drove down the street after picking me up, "I know. Poor girl doesn't know what to do." "Can you blame her though? I mean getting pregnant at 19? Not something she saw happening." We sighed and then I said, "Why do you think she told us?" "We are her friends. Her only girl friends." " She must trust us, even after she made us swear we don't tell Kevin and Brian." Nessa explained. We kept driving, until we came up on Ashley's street. "Do you think she'll want to see us." Nessa asked, shrugging I said, "I doubt it. But she's been avoiding us. And she stopped answering our calls too." Taking a deep breath, I looked out the window, seeing the houses as the car drove past them. Soon we were approaching Ash's house.

Parking her car, Nessa and I stepped out. Taking a quick breath, we walked up to Ash's front porch, and knocked on the door. We heard the click of the lock, and the door swung open. "What are you two doing here?" Ash asked, a hint of annoyance in her voice. "We're worried about you. You're avoiding us and our phone calls." I explained to her. She opened her mouth to speak, "I'm fine." she spat, then said, "Come on in. I guess." Nessa and I stepped inside and Ash slammed the door. Nessa and I stared at Ash, until I finally spoke up, asking, "Ashley, what's going on with you? What's wrong with you?" She began taking deep breaths and said, "Nothing is wrong with me." Nessa rolled her eyes and, "Cut the crap, Ashley." she told her, I sighed and then Ashley, started to get annoyed and then said, "You wanna know what's wrong?" Nessa and I nodded. "I'M FUCKING PREGNANT!! THAT'S WHAT IS WRONG!! I'M 19 YEARS OLD AND PREGNANT!! I CAN'T EVEN TELL MY FUCKING PARENTS, CAUSE I GOTTA WAIT TILL HOWIE'S BACK IN TOWN!!" she screamed, with tears now running down her face. Nessa and walked over to her, and wrapped her in a hug. "Ashley, it's gonna be okay. Look I don't think you should have to wait for Howie to get back to tell your parents." I explained, she wipped her eyes, and said, "But, I told him I would wait." "You don't have to wait. Tell your parents your pregnant." Nessa told her, I nodded agreeing. "I'll think about it." She finally said with a sigh.

For the next few hours we stayed with Ashley. Telling her everything will be okay. Nessa and I both agreed that she should tell her parents about the pregnancy, regardless if Howie is here or not. "She should be allowed to tell her parents." I said to Nessa as we walked out of Ashley's house. It was late and Nessa had work in the morning so we told Ashley goodnight and said we will call tomorrow to check on her. "I agree. And Howie can tell his own parents." She said back. Sighing I said, "Exactly. Does Kevin know that she told you she's pregnant?" She shook her head and said, "Nope. Does Brian?" I shook my head no too. "Hopefully Howie tells them. Because when he and Ash accidentally slept together, Kev said D was a downer." "Yeah, Brian told me that too. He said Aj kept bothering Howie about what happened. And kept doing it till he finally had no choice but to tell him." We both nodded and sat in silence, till I switched on the radio. Janet Jackson's 'Rhythm Nation, played inside the car. We just listened to the music as it filled the silence.