Chapter Fifty-Three

Howie's Pov-
I had arrived in Nebraska a little over an hour ago. And now I was waiting for Nick. He said he would call once they got to the hotel, so he could come get me. If your wondering why I chose Nick, it's because he doesn't ask to many questions. Plus I never usually ask him to do something like this. I already know Aj's gonna be asking me a shit ton of questions. Hopefully he won't but I doubt it. But I know at some point I'll have to tell them about Ash being pregnant. They are my brothers, but I'll cross that bridge when I come across it. First Ash and I gotta figure out how to tell our families. Looking around the airport, I tried to find a place to sit. Walking over to the front desk, I told the man behind the counter that I had a phone call from a friend to know where to pick me up. He just nodded and went back to work. The airport was fairly crowded, which was great for me. Meaning I could try to blend in without any fans spotting me.

Finally after about 40 minutes the phone at the desk rang and the guy tapped my shoulder, handing me the phone. "Hello?" "Hey D, it's me. Sorry for the wait. Listen I'm outside." It was Nick. "Alright." I handed the phone back to the guy and said thanks and walked away. Reaching the doors, I stepped outside and saw Nick on a bench. "Nick." I said, he turned and waved as he met me by the doors. "Hey man. Listen the guys are taking a little nap, so I was able to come get you." He explained, I nodded and we walked over to the cab he got. "Really Nick? A cab?" "I tried to get a rental car, but you have to be at least 18 to rent one." We both climbed in the cab and it drove off, towards the hotel. Nick began to tell me how Aj kept saying I wouldn't be back in time for the show. Of course I just rolled my eyes and laughed.

We got to the hotel and Nick said, "Hopefully the guys are still asleep." "Doesn't matter now. I'm here." We entered the hotel and Nick walked over to the front desk. He came back over and said that he checked for any available rooms on the same floor the guys were on. Handing me a room key, we then made out way towards the elevator. "So how is Ashley?" Nick asked. For some reason I kinda froze, but quickly said, "She's doing fine." He just gave a slight nod as we rode the elevator up to the floor in silence. The second we reached by the floor and the elevator doors opened up, we were greeted by none other than Brian. "Hey Nick, where you.....Hey D!" I kinda laughed at him, "Hey Brian." "Good to have you back buddy." He said as he patted my shoulder. We followed Brian down the hall, "You gotta room D?" "Yeah." I stopped at my room and Nick walked away with  Brian. Guess they're sharing a room. Opening the door I placed my bag on the table by the door. I'll see Kevin and Aj later. Right now I just wanna have some time for myself to think.

(A/N: Hi. I'm sorry updates are slow. I haven't been able to focus on writing lately. I'm just stressed with things going on in my life.)