Chapter Forty

Vanessa's Pov-
I was worried about Ashley, I hadn't heard from her since yesterday afternoon. I kept calling her house and no answer. I then called her parents house, hoping she might still be there. *Ringing* *Ringing* "Williams resident. This is Phillip speaking." "Mr. Williams this Vanessa, Ashley's friend. I was wondering if she was with you and Mrs. Williams." I said in a frantic. "Hello Vanessa. No Ashley is in the hospital. She got into a car accident last night." He explained. My heart stopped. Was she okay? I had to make sure. "Oh my god. I'm so sorry. Do you know the hospital she is at?" I asked. "She was lucky to get minor injuries but she has to stay a few days due to a concussion. And its Orlando General Hospital." he said. I thanked him and hung up the phone. I quickly grabbed my purse and keys, then the phone rang again. I answered it of course. "Hey baby girl!" I heard from my Kev. As much as I wanted to talk to him, I couldn't this time. "Hi Kev. I can't talk I gotta go see Ash in the hospital." I told him in a frantic tone. He gasped over the phone and asked, "What happened?" I told him she got in a car accident, he said to tell her that he hopes she is okay.

Pulling up to the hospital, I parked my car and ran inside. Dashing for the front desk, I said to the lady, "I'm here to see Ashley Williams." She handed me a visitor's pass then said "Room 407, on the second floor." Thanking her I made my way to the elevator, pushing the second floor, I made my way to the second floor. Stepping out I began to look for 407. Walking down the hall I saw a few doors till I found '407'. Slowly knocking incase she was asleep, I heard, "Come in." Opening the door, Ash was watching the TV. She looked who it was and stared. "Nessa?" she asked surprised, I walked to her bed and gave her a small hug, being careful. "I hadn't heard from you. I called your house several times, but no answer. I called your parents thinking you were still there, and your dad told me what happened." I explained. She nodded and I took a seat in the chair by her bed. It was silent till I heard her say something under her breath, "What did you say?" I asked her. "I'm pregnant." She said looking at the TV. "Are you serious?!" I asked. She nodded and said "I don't know how I'm going to tell him. Luckily the doctor didn't tell my parents or else my dad, even though he likes Howie and thinks he's s good person will kill him for getting his little girl pregnant." I laughed a little and said, "All dad's will be like that. And you have some to think about how your gonna tell him."

I was relieved to know Ash wasn't hurt to bad. "When do you think you'll be released?" I asked, she shrugged and said "Who knows. Its whenever my concussion is gone." She answered. Seeing the time, I got up and said, "I got head on home and get ready for work. But I'll come back tomorrow afterwards." Smiling at me she sat up to hug me and said "Thanks for coming by to see me." Smiling I waved goodbye as I left her room. I walked to the elevator quickly, wanting to get to my car. Hospitals make me uncomfortable, I just don't like them. Who does? Once I was on the main floor, I handed the visitors pass back to the front door and walked out. Reaching my car, I got in and started it up. Pulling out of the parking lot, I headed on home. A small smirk appeared on my face, I could feel it. I knew she had to be pregnant but when I said it to her she freaked out, the same way she did when I asked if she liked Howie. Oh well, there's a lot of things Ash will do, except of course say if she likes anyone. It's like a game. Sometimes you won't know till after she is dating someone or after they break up. I'm the complete opposite, after all I told her about my crush on Kevin at the time and now look at me, I'm with him.