"Is that what you want?"

"Elena, we don't always get what we want."

__________________________________
Damon's POV

"Look at you all retro." I walk up on Stefan and he's not pleased to see me.

"What are you doing here?"

"Why wouldn't I be here? Bonnie with the help of Sofia deactivated the Gilbert Invention. Isobel's gone. Heh. And it's Founder's Day. I'm here to eat cotton candy and woo Sofia."

"Don't start with me, Damon."

"Oh, you started it, Stefan. With the whole stay, away from Sofia speech. You're not good for her. As powerful as that was Sofia already admitted her feelings for me."

"No, she didn't. She's in love with Matt."

"Yes, so in love with him that she had me compel him that he broke up with her." He looks shocked and I love when I catch him off guard. He always thinks he knows everything.

"Now why would she do that?"

"Hey, she can't be compelled. She did it on her own free will."

"And she has no issue with you turning Vicki and..."

"I turned her but you my brother killed her. But sure, it's a small bump in our blossoming relationship but the chemistry is there. All we need is a spark to light the match and Sofia and I will be in eternal bliss." I wiggle my brow at him.

"I don't believe you."

"Why because she's too good for me."

"She too pure Damon. Sofia isn't someone you can mess with and tire of the next day. She's a person and specifically, she's Elena's sister."

"One don't judge me since you pursued Elena because she looks exactly like Katherine. Two you have no idea about my relationship with Sofia."

"Because you kidnapped her and took her to Georgia or the fact that you basically turned her mother into a vampire."

"Georgia was a great bonding time for us and we're all past the Isobel thing."

"Sofia is not Katherine."

"You're right she's not." My eyes widen as I see history coming to life. Stefan turns to where I' looking at. It's Sofia and Elena dressed in 1864 clothing making the statement not like Katherine very hard to differentiate.

__________________________________
Sofia's POV

Damon won't stop staring at me. I keep avoiding him not wanting to deal with what I'm possibly feeling for him. Something must be wrong with me that I was in love with Matt one minute and now I feel something for Damon. Damon kills people for fun. Who has lied to us about his motives and Damon who would do anything for love? Stefan then had to drop the bomb on Elena and me that uncle John may not only be our uncle but our father as well. As if our lives couldn't get any more complicated. We've never liked John. He's always been an elitist ass who creeps people out when he comes into the room. Now we could possibly be his daughters. Life likes to keep pulling these pranks on us. The float was beautiful. Caroline did a great job. Jeremy even plastered a smile on his face as we road through the town on the float.

I with the help of Bonnie and Caroline I could get out of that monstrosity of a dress. I'm so glad I wasn't around during that time because I would most defiantly have passed out from lack of air. "I like you better like this." I stop in my tracks as Damon stands in front of me. This is the first time we've spoken since I told him to compel Matt. "The period look, it didn't suit you."