Epilogue

1 year later

Carson

'Sarah called she's not coming, something happened.' Carson furrowed her brows as open  another pack of yoghurt. She felt frustrated that her long time friend isn't going to her birthday.

'Cara Mia don't you think you are eating a lot these past few days?' Asher eyed the empty yoghurt containers in the table. Linking the spoon, she finished another one.

'I seemed to be hungry all the time these past few days' she said as sher eats her yoghurt.

'Come on Cara Mia, I think its time, we need to go to the ball' her husband urged her and this time had taken the yoghurt off her hand.

'But...' she pouted making Asher chuckle.

'If you want yoghurt, I will buy more later just come with me now' she sighed in defeat.

Soon she found herself in black strapless mermaid dress and walking side by side with Asher in tux within the Canaria halls. She accompanied him as he greet various people from the business industry.

'So how was married life?' one man in his fifties asked enthusiastically.

'I bet you are content with Asher, afterall he is one hot blodded male in his peak' the other emphasized making her blush furiously. Seeing everyone laughed heartily.

While its true that they had just been married for a year, its not the notion of sex that made her embarrassed rather its the memories that came flashing in her mind. She didn't know why she had such thoughts and it made her conscious how lewd it was to do so.

'Can I go for a while at the dessert table, I feel hungry again' he had a sly grin that had Carson knew what his husband Asher is on again but eventually he let her go.

In a jiffy, she had strolled down and found herself having a hard time picking from the vast  choices.

'Oh, I wouldn't be picking that if I were you' a woman in matching corporate attire said. Her hair in a a sleek bun and just by her demeanor you could tell how confident she is in her five inch jimmy choos.

'Pick this, that and those. They are sweet but not too sweet.' she kindly adviced which Carson gladly took in.

'Thank you, you saved me there. I'm Carson, Carson Jones Stone' she extended her hand which the woman shook gracefully.

'I am Karmie Johnson' for some reason Carson felt at ease with the woman. Maybe because she sees a bit of herself to her, someone whom she felt have a knack of being stubborn a bit rebellious which is evident on her attire at the midst of classy elegant aura at the hall. Yet instead of blending in the background, it had turned into her advantage because she had been separated from the crowd.

Just then, she felt dizzy and had leaned on the table for support.

'I think so but  I feel tired. Maybe I should at the lounge or something' Karmie nodded and had offerred her to come with her at a nearby garden. There she sat her in a swing.

'Are you sure, you are okay? You look pale' Karmie worriedly told her.

'Nah, I am fine besides it happens a lot these past few days. Well, I do feel weird nowadays' she explained.

'Weird?' Karmie furrowed her brows in contemplatation.

'Yes like I am very picky in food but is hungry all the time. I like sweets but hates the smell of coffee. I easily get tired, feel dizzy and had a lot of mood swings like I get mad in the tiniest detail' this time Karmie mouthed an 'Oh' to which Carson quizically took as a reaction.

'Then, I suggest you take a pregnacy test.' she smiled knowingly that had Carson widened her eyes.

'Cara Mia!' the familiar voice of her husband echoed. Asher immediately came to her side.

'I take it, I am not needed anymore. You have a good night' Karmie bidded as she gradually disappear, walking away from sight. Meanwhile, Carson held out her belly, she ask herself on what are the odds that she's really pregnant. It made her smile to the brim just by thinking, she, Asher and a little one might be on the way to make their family even more complete.

-END-

~~~~~~

Author's Note :

Okay, and that's a wrap. Thank you so much for your support. As a bonus, I am launching a new book. Please check it out "Falling inlove with Karmie'

Again, Salamat! (Thank you in Filipino)

XOXO
Marie