Chapter 16 : Contemplation and Realization

Asher

'Mother' he answered irritatedly. He isn't keen on the fact that he and Carson was interrupted a while ago. He had longed for her.

He figured that if they share a  kiss once again, what he feels would be gone. However, after the kiss, it had only intensified, now he wanted more. He ran his hand through his hair as he lean by the wall, near the telephone.

'Iho, did Carson receive the clothes yet?' his mother querried excitedly. Knowing her, Asher knew her mother must be planning something again. Otherwise, why would she bother calling and sending clothes to her.

'What clothes?' he played innocently to fish out information to her. From the other end of the line, he could hear her mother telling the butler to call the chauffer she asked to bring it.

'The dress and undies I sent. The Salvatore are inviting us for a housewarming this late afternoon. Since its a weekend, Carson can come too.' she beamed.

The Salvatore's are notorius for flaunting their wealth whenever they get the chance to do so. Not to mention since Cindy is a Salvatore, he is sure she would be there.  In the light of the situation he thinks its best to keep Carson away from her after their past clash in the restaurant.

'She isn't going mother. We will be going back to London today' he said emphasizing his last two words. He can hear his mother sighing.

'Is she sick? Did something urgent happen in London?' she asked worriedly.

'Yes, she had a commitment and so do I' he said in finality.

'Ok then son but if you change your mind. The invitation is at the paper bag of the dress, I sent Carson. Give my regards to her. Take care' she replied.

'You too, take care mother' he said before finally putting down the line. He went to the kitchen, to see the paper bag his mother was talking about. True to her words, she saw a black and white invitation. He slid it on his pocket. Then he picked up the paperbag and went upstairs to give it to Carson.

On the way, she saw her going out from the guest room.

'Holly Fudge!' she screamed seeing him. She immediately distanced herself that had him raise his brows.

'Mr. Stone, didn't know you we're there' she said holding out her heart. She inhaled deeply, letting it all out in one breath.

'Here, change into this. We will be going back to London today' He said handing out the paperbags. He figured the dress would be better than the one she is wearing cause he doesn't want men oogling her.

'Thank you.' she said accepting the bags and walked inside the guest room once again. She closed it, leaving Asher by the hallway.

~~~~~~~

Carson

After changing to the dress Mrs. Stone gave her, she went down. Only to find Asher already in casual clothes. He had a white shirt, denim jeans and a  jacket on. His hair sleekly gelled upwards. Like always, he is scrolling down his phone to what Carson deemed, he was probably working again.

'Took you long enough' he said, finally noticing her. He stopped on his tracks towards her while Carson continued to walk to him. Asher didn't say anything but only stare on her.

'Something wrong?' she asked fidgeting on the hem of her white mid-thigh sleaveless dress. She didn't have a sandal so she just wore her sneakers. It occured to her, that she must look like an idiot wearing such with an elegant dress. Asher didn't respond but rather put his hand on her waist.

'No. You look perfect' he said eyeing her. Asher guided Carson to the car. She sat beside  the passenger seat of what appears as a black Lamborgini. Akward silence occured between them.  Her eyes glued on the scenery they pass by.

'You're silent' Asher said breaking her trance whilst keeping his eyes on the road. She didn't reply though she heard him clearly.

'Ms. Jones, you okay?' he querried as if asking her the most normal thing. Carson didn't know why he seemed unfazed of what transpired between them.

'Totally' she answered smiling at him though inside she is thriving to get over the fact that the man ahead of her could only be toying her. And so the least she could do is ride the tide. Act normal.

'Wonder about that, you're always so intrusive. I assumed that you'd ask where we are headed.' Asher said whilst Carson just simply shrugged.

'Am I? Sorry about that.' she answered. She didn't miss though the fleeting scowl on Asher's face. She wondered then, if she really is intrusive in his life. She figured it maybe the reason why, he is now overlty paying attention her. Perhaps if she toned down, Asher wouldn't be doing things like kissing her.

'Kiss? Oh Fudge, the kiss!' she mentally screamed, she wanted to smack herself for lingering on the thought.

They stopped at a Tarmac with a private jet waiting for them. Immersed on her thoughts, she didn't know when it started raining. It wasn't heavy but the wind blows harshly.

A steward came down the jet, who offered shed on the umbrell his holding but Asher instead signalled him off and took the spare umbrella from the steward instead.

He went down and held out his hand to Carson. When she reached for it, he held it, pulling her up, making Carson bump in his chest.

'Sorry' Carson said and was about to pull away yet Asher didn't let go and even snaked his hands on her waist. Thus, once again, Carson can smell his musky scent. It made her anxious in more ways than she could imagine.

There were no words spoken. They just walked next to each other, sharing the umbrella Asher had.
When a a strong gush of wind blew making the umbrella flip upward, Carson waited for the rain to soaked her up but it never came.

Asher had put his jacket over her and got himself wet in the process instead. 

'There's no need' he said as they stepped inside the plane. Its as if he read her mind as she thrive to thank him.

He left her at the passenger area and went to a secluded area of the plane. Carson decided to not impose further by remaing in her seat. She assumed that the plane must've a private bedroom and bathroom to which Asher uses in his travels.  She believed that its best to leave him alone for the moment so he could do his business like taking a bath, etc.

Asher didn't return until they arrived at London. When he did, he looked like he had just woken up and is wearing a new set of clothes.

Carson and Asher were picked up by Paul. When they arrive at the penthouse, they both proceeded to go in their rooms.

'Mr. Stone, Thank you' Carson said opening the door of her room beside his room. Asher nod at her before entering.

'Anything for you' Carson faintly heard however she isn't keen though if he had heard him right or not.