Chapter 18 : Taking Care of Him

Carson

It is Sunday and Carson is excited to go on a trip with Gio and Sarah around the city. She figured she could act as a leverage to put the two closer. She put on her signature high waisted denim short, a sleeveless black body suit and boots. She hummed eating the breakfast she made.

It was already 7:30 a.m when she finished her breakfast. She is getting ready to go out when she noticed that Asher Stone is no where in sight which she finds odd. Normally, he wakes up as early as 6 am on weekdays and eve on weekends as he always go somewhere. She even prepared breakfast for him as a thank you for what he did for her in the Tarmac.

In the end, Carson decided to see if he is still sleep or something. She knocked few times  before the knob twitched revealing Asher still in his boxer short and ash blue shirt.

He coughed few times. She noticed his face flushed. Carson brought her hand on his forehead and neck.

'Your sick.' she said concernly. All the while feeling guilty that she knew she is the reason why he have fever.

'Yes so go away before you catch it Signorina' Asher is about to close the door but Carson stopped him. Heaving a sigh, she walked herself in his room and went through his walk-in closet. Going out she had a new set of clothes in her hand.

'Freshen up a bit and change your clothes. Its already soaked with sweat. If it dries, your cold will get worse.' Asher eyed her like some sort of alien.

'Do it now!' Carson bossily commanded pointing at the clothes whilst putting her leftp hand on her waist.

Asher followed her and when he got out, he found his bed in new sheets. Carson motioned for him to lay on it. She handed him a glass of water.

'I already cooked your breakfast here. Eat so you can drink your medicine' Carson said  putting a lap table over the bed.

'You should go, it seems you have to be somewhere' Asher said to which Carson shook his head.

'Nevermind that. Just finished your breakfast and drink your medicine Signore' she noted determiningly. Seeing its hopeless to argue with her, Asher dug on his food and took the medicine.

'Sleep. I'll just do something and come back later.' Carson said as she lay him at the bed and covering Asher with a blanket. She smiled assuringly.

When she is out of the door, he took one glance on Asher.

'Hey! no work for the moment. I mean it.' she reprimanded eyeing the phone and laptop in his bedside table.

For the first time, she heard Asher's laugh in a  carefree manner. Its as if his cold hearted deamenor reverted to something warm.

Carson left to go to the living room.Yet, even after their encounter, she felt her heartbeat raise rapidly with Asher's smile imprinted on her memory.

Remembering her appointment, she called Gio. There is no answer in the first ring, it is on the second one that he did picked it up.

Carson: Hi, its Carson.

Gio: Hi, I just arrive at the meeting place. Sarah's also here.

Carson: Yeah, about that...Sorry, I can't go. I'm sorry, you see something happened.

Gio: Is something wrong Carson?

Carson: Not really, its just I need to tend to someone...I-I'm sorry

Gio: No need to say sorry, that person must've important right? Its alright Carson, we can do it some other time.

Carson: Thank you Gio.

Gio: See you at the University.

Carson: See you.

~~~~~~~

Asher

The room is dimly litted when he woke up. The curtains are down even so he could tell that the rain is pouring heavily. Asher then felt something move beside him.

Carson is sleeping cooped up over his bed. She sat on a chair beside it. She is already in a baggy shirt and shorts. Her face peaceful like a baby. He thought, she must've slept watching over him.

'Why?' he asked himself, seeing that she stayed when he made it clear that she should go. He gaze at her, exploring her face as if memorizing every curve.

He tucked away the sideburn in her ear. Her mouth quiverred and all the while Carson's eyes darted open. She squizzed it groggily sitting up and opening the lampshade.

'You're up, is your fever still high?' she said checking him up with a thermometer. His cold had gotten better unlike in the morning. Asher doesn't feel dizzy and hot anymore after profusely sweating it out due to the meds he took.

'It went down! Oh, are you hungry? I'll just make something for you but before that change your clothes' Carson stated and just like in the morning she handed Asher a set of clothes and motioned him to go to the bathroom.

When she came back, she is already holding a bowl of freshly cut fruits.

'Did you go to the market today?' Asher inquired eating an apple slice. He knew, he didn't have fruits as many as Carson had in the bowl.

'No, I just went to the convinience store to buy something. Then, I saw an old woman with cart by the road selling fruits' she answered non-chalantly.

'She is one nice woman with a hard working grandson.' Asher's attention piqued on the term grandson.

'Have you met him then? Do you find him attractive?' he asked hastily. An unknown feeling surged to Asher. He found himself wary of Carson meeting the opposite gender like what happened to him when he saw her flirting with the chauffer sent by his mother.

'I wouldn't know. The old woman is so proud of him, she told me about him.' Carson replied however Asher found himself drift on the possibility that university guys had been asking her out. It never occured to him until now that she could be going out with someone as off the moment.

'How about in the university? Find someone?' Asher asked bitterly rolling off the words in his mouth. His stomach lurched at the though she liked someone.

'None that I knew off' Carson replied forking some of the fruits over Asher's bowl.

'Uh-Ah okay then, do you have someone you like right now?' Asher repraised his question in a holistic manner trying to sound as casual as ever. Carson held a pondering look on her face. He didn't miss the mild blush she had on her face.

'Not one to bat my attention the very least' she said looking away. It felt like there is otherwise. He wondered, if she really like someone. If so, he wants to at least know who it is. On a trance,  he spilled his glass of water over the lap desk.

'Shit!' he exclaimed while Carson immediately damped tissue all over it.

'Relax, it didn't went over the sheets' she said removing the lap table and proceeded to throw the wet tissues at the bathroom trash bin. She then proceeded to open the curtain where the sun is about to set and a rainbow appeared.

'Beautiful, isn't it?' Carson said towards the sight ahead of them.

'Yes.' Asher agreed as a smile crept on his face. However, he isn't referring on the scenery but to the woman ahead of her who is slowly making her way to his heart.

'What's up with that face?' Carson said innocently, bitting her lip. 

'Nothing. Anyways thank you for today Carson' Asher said. He is more than pleased that Carson look after him.

'Don't mention it' Carson answered. She smiled breathtakingly. The kind that almost caught up the air on Asher's lungs.