Chapter 3 : Carson Jones, The Great Unknown

Stone Industries, London main headquarters

Asher

Sitting by the conference room of his company, Asher's mind drifted to Carson Jones' face when he left her. Unnotincingly, a smile crept to Asher's face. The girl clearly had fire on her. Too fierce for own good he noted, remembering how mad she was when he retained an impassive face as she persistently talk to him.Yet even through her threat, he found her still beautiful. 

On the side, he is also intrigued by her. That morning, Asher prepared to leave for work. To his surprise, he found Carson Jones in the kitchen, seating by the table in her sleepwear. She's in a mauve silk button down top that fits her ample chest and shorts that highlights her curvy bossom as well as toned legs. Her hair ponytailed with her sideburns visible. She looked serene gazing at the skyline in deep thoughts. He found her, oozing with regal heiress aura in contrary to the bad girl heiress she is showing to the world. Hence, Asher wondered if which is the real Carson Jones? Yet, at the midst of it, Asher can't take his eyes of her. He gazed at her without her aware of him.

'Sir, is something wrong?' his trance broke as the young executive presenting ahead of him stopped midway. Everyone in the board room shoot their attention at him, as if he had grown mad as he was smiling, holding his pen.

As much as he wanted to continue his wayward thoughts about Carson, as CEO he diverted back his focus on the meeting. Asher's face turned back to his commonly stoic cold persona. He waved his hand away. The presenter continued. 

It was already afternoon when the meeting was finished. Asher immediately went to his office to slump on his chair, his head rested on it. He is direly tired. The day had been hectic. Also, the fact that his ever efficient PA Henry didn't came back, made it harder than usual. Now that he remembered, Asher wondered where he was.

His phone rang. Asher picked it up as soon as he sees the caller ID. 'Sir' Henry's voice echoed on the line. 'Henry, didn't I tell you to go back to the office as soon as Carson Jones was settled at Wilford ' he demanded. Asher had knew Henry for years, he isn't one to skip work without notice nor valid reason.

'Sir, there had been a problem.' x Henry started while Asher kept still to hear his words. 'Ms. Jones...She...She took the exam sir' he said taking breath in between which took Asher a while to process.

'She what!?' Asher blurted that he almost jumped over his seat. All the while, he doesn't feel sleepy tired anymore.

'Sir, Ms. Jones claimed she wanted to be fair and square to other students and took the exam.' Henry said nervously, enough for Asher to imagine his PA pale's face.

Asher wanted to secure the deal he had with Titus Jones so he did as such. As to this, he have arranged for Carson to skip the entrance exam. He is aware that its an underhanded method but he also deemed such move is the best way in case she fails and didn't get in.

He believes to the statement, prevention is key. Hence, he put matters on the hand but now thanks to the defiant bad girl heiress, everything he did to secure a spot went down the drain.

'When?' Asher asked finally regaining composure from the bomb dropped by his PA.

'Early today sir' Asher ran his hands on his hair exaperatedly. He thought,  less than a day with her, Carson Jones had already managed to turn his world upside down.

'I'll be at the University, see you then Henry' he said heiving a sigh.

~~~~~~~
Wilford University

Carson

Hours passed until Carson went out of the room. True to her words, the secretary returned after five hours to take her exam booklet and answer sheet.

It was pass lunchtime so Carson was hungry but decided  to see first if Henry had already left or was still around. She looked over the corridor but Henry was no where to be found. As she was to knock on the office, Carson met the boy, she saw earlier.

'Hi, I figured you already finished and must be hungry' he said handing her a packed lunch and bottled water.  Carson eyed him like he was an angel sent to save her day. The boy blushed when she smiled taking the food from him.

'Thank you, I'm starving....' Carson tried fishing his name out.

'...Giovanni, Just call me Gio' he answered

'I'm Carson. Thanks for this Gio....Do you know a place where I can eat this like the starved kid, you now hate to break someone's girl fantasy' hearing her, Giovanni laughed at her remark and nodded.

'Come on' I'd hate to see one breaks that fantasy' he answered playfully making Carson follow him flipping her hair saying 'I know right'.

He led Carson to the back garden, passing through a bush towards a pagoda where there were no students in sight. Thankful, Carson dug the food that made her mouth water as soon as she saw them.

Gio and Carson immediately became friends. Gio is a Business Management major where Carson had applied. She found him an easy to talk to kind of guy who have a likeable aura around him. They talked about University stuffs that Gio shared to her.

After the sumptous meal and chatting, Gio accompanied Carson back in the Dean's office before leaving for his class. She knocked three times before opening the door. There she saw the man she loathe at the moment. Asher Stone talking to the dean.

'Oh Ms. Jones come in. We were just waiting for the result' Asher eyed Carson intensely which she ignored.

'Mr. Mason, about Ms. Jones' exam, I was hoping you'd be considerate.' Asher started. He wasn't able to continue when the door opened. The secretary held out a brown envelope on her hand which she handed to Dean. 'Thank you' he said.

'Now let's see how did you do Ms. Jones' he turned to Carson. Mr. Mason slid out the result out of the envelope.  A pin-drop of silence occured. Everyone waited for what he'll say next. Carson had her heart beat raise in anticipation.

For a moment, Mr. Mason held a blank expression. Then, his eyes brightened up and his teeth shown in a wide smile.

'Congratulations, Ms. Jones. You passed the exam' he stood up shaking Carson's hand eagerly.

'We are pleased to have such great addition here at Wilford University' he beamed excitedly.

Asher remained on his seat. He eyed her quizzical at the same time somewhat proud.  Carson didn't miss though the wash of relief on his face.