Chapter 31 : Weekend Gala

Carson

When Saturday came, Carson went out early and  came home about five in the evening from her escapade in the city. She had bought a dress, heels and got pampered on a salon in preparation to Giovanni's grandfather's gala. She had agreed to him as his date for the night which she is more than willing to do because they are good friends afterall.

Soon, a knock erupted on the door cuing Carson. She went to open the door and saw Giovanni in a tuxedo with red bow tie that made him look dashing. A smile spread on his face as soon as he saw Carson by the door.

'What? is something on my face?' she asked in which he swayed his head sideways.

'Just that you are stunning' he replied and then bowed kissing Carson's hand.

'Gio, what are you doing?' Carson inquired as heat spread to her cheeks.

'Being a gentleman, come madamoselle' he teasingly replied, acting out tough. Carson beamed and slid her hand on his arms.

'Then, lead the way sir' she giggled as they walked side by side.

~~~~~~~

Stevens Estate Ballroom

Giovanni

He and Carson arrived together in a jiffy. As soon as she saw the Stevens mansion, her eyes gleamed in delight. The estate is situated in massive acres of land with ample flower and grassland scapes adorned with fairy light in lieu with the celebration. The ball is in commemoration with the 100th year of the estate.

'Young master, we hope for you to enjoy the night' the vallet bowed to Giovanni as Carson strode beside him. Camera flashes all around them. Typically Giovanni don't go on flashy events to show himself but he had made an exception with Carson with him tonight. He hated public attention yet couldn't care less so long as she is with him.

'This is amazing' Carson said admiring the ballroom with gold furnishings, high ceilings and humungous chandliers.

'Yes' Gio replied that Carson took as his agreement though he actually meant it to compliment to her. His eyes remained glued to her as she's wearing a red tube sleaveless glittery dress that had slit on one side, amplfying every curves in her body. Her hair on twirled in a bun and her red lipstick further highlighted her eyes' blueness.

'Come let's introduce you to my grandfather.' He led Carson towards the pool of men in one of the tables.

'Grandfather' Gio said that pulled the attention of everyone in the circle towards them.

'Iho, I'm glad you could make it' Gio's grandfather hugged him patting his back.

'Ms. Jones, its pleasure to see you again' Gio's grandfather said before he could introduce Carson who seems to be familiar as her lips turn into a curve.

'The pleasure is all mine, Sir' his grandfather waved off his hand.

'Oh, stop calling me sir, it makes one feel old. Just call me Henry. By the way, Mr. Stone you didn't say Ms. Jones came afterall, I thought she isn't available' he querried darting his focus to a man with jet black hair in tuxedo. His eyes fixed on Carson who are doing the same.

'I thought so too, seems she came with someone' Mr. Stone answered.Gio felt a pang of jealousy not liking his gaze on his date. He wondered who Mr. Stone is in Carson's life. 

'She did, Carson is my date' Gio negated putting his hand on Carson's waist that had his Grandfather put on a knowing smile. From his rear, he saw Mr. Stone balled his hand into fist.

'I didn't know you two knew each other' his grandfather beamed.

'We go together at Wilford' Gio replied. As he does, he can feel Mr. Stone's intense glare at him. Its as if he had done something against him. All the while, he felt protective of Carson that made him held her by the waist more close to him.

'That's great Iho, Ms. Jones is such a special lady. Wouldn't you agree Mr. Stone?' Gio found the man still staring to Carson who had now averted her gaze.

'She is. No wonder she's busy' Mr. Stone non-chalantly said in a bitter manner that had Carson turn her attention to him. Out of the blue, a woman snaked her arms on Mr. Stone's arms.

'Hi babe, lets dance' she said batting her lashes.

'That's a great idea' he said removing her hands. Mr. Stone then grabbed Carson's hand. Gio is able to took grab of her other.

'Let go, boy' Mr. Stone threatened.

'Only if its okay with her' Gio looked at Carson waiting for her decision.

'Its okay Gio, I'll be fine. I'll explain later' she sighed and faintly smiled. Though adamant, he nodded letting go but deep inside, he doesn't want to do so. He watched Mr. Stone take Carson on the dance floor. From a distance, Giovanni can see that both were on a heated conversation.

He wondered, if there is something between Mr. Stone and Carson since Mr. Stone looks at her as if she was his. Just thinking about it, was enough to make Giovanni all the more protective of Carson.