Chapter 7 : Her Prowess

Carson

Time passed-by making Carson bored more than ever. She slouched by Asher's chair, swivling around as she plays games on her phone.

Not being able to hold it in anymore, she went out of the office and bumped to a man that caused a few folders to fell on the floor.

He was carrying a stack of it on his hand that he cursed for not being able to bend.

'Its okay, I got it' Carson picked the folders up. Seeing him, Carson knew he needed help.

'Let me carry these and some you are holding' she said. Though, adamant, he handed some to Carson. He followed him and stopped in front of the conference room. Even if they're outside, they heard a loud booming angry voice.

The man fidgeted nervously gripping the door handle. As soon as it opened, voices of chatting men echoed.

Unfortunately, the man she followed stumbled making the folders he was holding to fell on the floor. No one pay heed.

Carson entered the room and decided to helped him, squatting down, her attention was called by a man near that looks to be almost his grandfather's age.

'Young lady, what do you think of using a much lower cost steel rather than expensive one for shipping boats?' he asked.

~~~~~~~

Asher

'Enough!' Asher slammed the conference table fumingly. Though, the arguments eased up, it didn't stop the men from taking sides that started to give Asher headache.

An emergency meeting was held due to a problem about the steel to be used on the project. Mr, Stevens, one of his partner's who owned a car dealership company that'll be accomodated by the boats in progress went to oversee the problem personally.

Asher was furious for the inefficiency by his material inspector Mr. Flavier, who had presented two steels that divided the board room's opinion on whether to use cheap or expensive one.

Asher didn't see the need to argue since for him, the expensive one is always the best choice. However, he wasn't keen if he is getting his money's worth since the steel looks only standard.

'Young lady, what do you think of using a much lower cost steel rather than expensive one for shippine boats?' Mr. Steven asked out of the blue.

Everyone was taken a back but not because of the question but to whom it was asked. Asher's gazed followed Mr. Steven's line of sight which landed to Carson. She stood up from what it seems helping an employee pick up scatterred folders on the floor.

Seeing her, all exaperation Asher felt from being pissed off because his plan didn't go the way he wanted gone. He didn't know why Carson had such effect on him. One glance at her and Asher's mood turned around.

'Sorry sir, I don't think I'm in a position to answer your question' Carson replied coolly. Typically, most girls  of her age would squirm in nervousness on facing a room of arguing men in suits, it didn't surprise Asher that Carson isn't. He knew she is not like the others.

'Well, we could use an opinion right now. It'll be nice if you can share yours' Mr.Stevens is someone who put people in the hot seat by throwing impeccable questions. Asher wanted to disrupt him but he was also interested on how Carson will answer.

Sighing, Carson met Mr. Steven's gaze and faced us.

'It doesn't matter if the steel is cheap or expensive. When choosing any material to use, Quality should be the prime consideration. It is common knowledge that quality is a de facto factor, once you incorporate it in anything, all else follows.

Furthermore, quality is an essential key in building a solid commercial market, people seek for it.' Carson explain that had the attention of everyone towards her. Mr. Stevens nod in agreement.

While Asher smiled deep inside with pride, he was aware that Carson is smart but he didn't know that she is also a formidable business woman to be.

On the side, one of the men in favor of using cheaper steel spoke 'Ms....' he started trailing off 'Carson' she continued.

'Ms. Carson. You aren't obliged to answer this but I am curious as to which of the steels you will choose.' He walked towards Carson, handing out a file. She looked at me for permission, to which I nodded to.

Scanning all throughout the papers, everyone watched her flip it with ease.

'With due respect sirs, I think  information on the steels were well presented...' she started that made Mr. Flavier, the one in-charge of choosing materials smile approvingly.

'...However, I'll be choosing neither' she said.Before Mr. Flavier ask her, Mr. Stevens beat him to it.

'Why would you chose neither Ms. Carson?' She walked down towards the laptop and opened Google, she typed and opened multiple tabs.

'You see the first steel, though widely used, there had been incidents pertaining to its processing stage. The steel tends to get out of hand whenever subjected to heat'  she pointed out the photo of a man with burned hand.

'It was a photo taken from a talyer that decided to use the steel to reduce cost. As you see, it didn't turn out well' Everyone nooded getting her point.

'The other type of steel, though expensive, it is standard in terms of quality. You buy it, you're obviously being ripped off. You don't get your money's worth.' this time she opened another google tab. It showed the steel roof torned away from houses.

'In 2003, a small town in South America was devastated by a level 3 storm. Of course, heavy rain and winds are present. But its not strong enough to rip off a high-class steel if it is one' all quirked their brows at her.

'Ms. Carson, I don't see why you call the roof's high class. They are just mere commercial galvanized steel' Mr. Flavier questioned her.

'Exactly my point. Before, the company that sells this steel enter the scene, it started delivering its product on the market to test its durability. It was only, when a rich Sweden businessman invested in the company that it started to deliver steels for a much larger clientele' This made Asher stared at Carson and everyone in the room with awe. For a girl, she is a natural, having a broad knowledge in the ropes of business, something companies would fight to have.

As if feeling, that the once tension mode was lifted up. Carson showed a mega-watt smile, making Asher stay his gaze at her. At that moment, he felt her happy which made him feel the same. She tapped the laptop once again showing a kind of steel.

'I have a suggestion though, Mr. Flavier this steel is known for its endurance. The company was low key but the durability is high. One of its regular clients is the Russian army's navy. They use it on their water transport such as submarines because of its non-rust feature. Its perfect for shipping boats' Mr. Flavier beamed interestingly noting the name of the steel and the company.

'You are very keen Ms. Carson, this company could use a girl like you.'  Mr. Stevens said making Carson chuckle.

'Oh, I doubt that sir. There are many people more qualified than me. Besides, I'm still a student' she replied making everyone realize her being in an Wilford University uniform.