23. The Delicate Man On The Moon

Start from the beginning

George Michael Anderson now occupied the space before me in his tight navy suit with his hair gelled back for our court session. He still had his divorce papers in a small file tucked under his arm and a hot tea in the other. 

"Want to go out for an afternoon coffee with your now ex-husband? Come on mate, do it for old times sake," He coaxes me, grabbing my hand and pulling me up from my cozy spot on the bench. I wanted to refuse but what was the point.

I would do anything to take my mind of Matthias right now. 

"Now I know I was your first love an all but there's no way you were sitting on that ol' park bench all alone and thinking about the divorce. So spill it, what's his name?" George asked as we walked through Hyde Park on the brisk spring day. It was bustling with people taking advantage of the rare lack of rain as the sun started to set over the Victoria footbridge. 

"I'd rather not say, it's sort of a secret...between us," I tried to explain and he raised his thick blonde brow.

"So it's a high profile fella huh? You don't say," George seems surprised as we make our way to the nearest coffee shop and I stuck my hands in my pockets. Palming my phone as I waited for the little devil to text me.

It had been a week since we had last spoken but that was only because I had been so caught up with the complicated trial that I lacked the energy to talk to anyone. I just rushed back to the apartment I had rented on Baker's street for the six months and crashed until the next day when I had to do it all over again. 

"Never in a million years would I have imagined you with a superstar but I guess being a bodyguard for rich brats really gives you those kinds of connections huh? It's always only a matter of time before someone catches sight of the handsome head of security," He chuckles like he knows it all and I wanted to laugh in his face because he had it all wrong.

NTB was far from bratty and spoiled. Quite the antithesis to be honest and that's not even complimenting them. It's just who they are. 

"Things happen for a reason and sometimes we're just in the right place at the right time. I'm a strong believer in fate, you know that." 

I said as I took a few sips of my cappuccino and once again I was reminded of my Matthias. Chuckling a bit as I remembered his grumpy attitude when he suddenly stopped drinking 5 cups of coffee a day and cut all caffeine from his life. I wonder why he did that. 

Damn, I really can't stop thinking about him.

"I would hope I'd know that considering we were married for so long," George rolled his dark green eyes and I just wanted to finish this drink and leave.

"How's your fiance?" I asked to take the attention off my love life and it works like a charm. He goes on about his new man, Andrew, and how the wedding is going to be in eight months. 

I told him I was happy for him, which was true.

Both of them are whores and cheaters so I guess they really do deserve each other. 

Yeah, Matthias sleeps with other people and dates around but at least we talked about our relationship being open and both of us drew boundaries in the sand...literally. 

I'm sure it would be hard to explain our relationship to other people, so I'm thankful that it's still a secret for now and I don't have to.

When I get back to the hotel room I sat down on the edge of the bed and flicked the Telly on, catching just the last bit of the GLAAD Awards as they handed out the last award of the night. 

I sat on the edge of my bed and yanked off my shoes as I watched the woman holding the award, some famous pop star in the united states reads off the nominees and to my surprise NTB was one of them. GLAAD's most prestigious Vanguard award was being given out an I held my breath.

To my surprise, NTB takes the win.

And suddenly there he was, my beautiful Matthias Grayson, standing up with his sister, Milo, and Thomas as those surrounding them gave a standing ovation. 

The four quickly take the stage where Thomas thanks the woman as he receives the reward for the band and he walks up to the microphone in a sharp black tuxedo to match Milo and Kai who were also in black. The only one who stood out was my wonderful boyfriend, dressed in a red tux with a white dress shirt and patterned tie. 

The remaining three stood behind Thomas as he gave a speech to announce that all the proceeds of their song that they performed that night were going to used to donate prosthetics and binders to transgender youth in need. 

But I wasn't focused on the speech. 

I was focused on Matthias. 

The way he looked at Thomas was the look I yearned for. He watched Thomas' every move with hooded eyes flooded with love and affection. He even rested his hand on Thomas' shoulder and I let out a breath of air I didn't know I was holding. 

"I'll tell you the same IF you come back,"

What did he think I was going to do exactly? Move back to this stupid country and never go back? Abandon him like she did?  

God, just the thought of his ex-girlfriend makes my blood boil. 

Surprisingly enough the thought of Thomas doesn't have the same effect. I'm happy to see someone's taking care of him...even if it isn't me. 

Lost in a few seconds of thought I didn't notice Matthias' gaze shift from Thomas to the camera pointed at him and it felt like he was looking at me. With a genuine smile on his face, he gives a small wink and I laughed while crying hysterically at the same damn time.

Because I knew it wasn't meant for the audience or the crowds to catch...

It was meant for me. 

*********************************************

A SPECIAL chapter for all who read because for some reason this book has like 700 views now and that's just crazy to me cause I don't think it's that good but it's a lot of fun to write. 

Also, I missed Wesley and he's so far away that I felt bad for him :(

and no, Wesley does not know about what happened with Maxx. 

Maybe another chapter today? I dunno I just got off work, let me take a nap first LMAO