Chapter 1: New Home

A young girl, maybe 17 or  18, stepped off a small ship onto a wooden dock. It creaked while the waves from the Magra Ocean splashed against it. Her brown hair drifting off her shoulders from the wind. Her purple eyes glinted in the sunlight. She had  lavender rabbit ears and a small, white fluffy tail. A boy around 18 followed the girl with a bag. He had short curly blonde hair with the nicest blue eyes you could imagine. He had wolf ears and a long scruffy tail. He held out the bag and the girl smiled sweetly and took it. Then she sighed. You could see tears growing in her eyes.

"Hey, Vivi. You don't have to cry. I told you I'm moving here as soon as everyone evacuates Celiz City." The boy looked at her with a shy face.

"B-but... Spencer... you know it's dangerous there. And- and you go back? Are you going to be okay?" She whined, looking deeply into his eyes.

He sighed and looked down. He grabbed her waste and pulled her into a hug. He whispered, "Viviana. I promise I'll be here with you soon. Trust me."

She let out a small sigh and wrapped her thin arms around him. "Okay.. I guess I trust you." She seemed down about it.

Spencer let go of her and kissed her forehead. Viviana blushed and took one more glimpse of his face. "See you soon.." He turned and stepped onto the ship. Before Viviana knew it, she was left alone on the docks. She turned around and looked around.

The trees were covered in vivid green vines. The wind blew through the strands of her hair. She decided to start walking. She followed a beige rock road up to a large golden gate. 

"It's locked..?" She dropped her bag and tug on the bars. There was no one in sight beyond it, but she could see houses, a river, and a large tree which had what seemed to be a staircase in it.

"Hello? Is anyone there?" Viviana called out. No response.

Suddenly a voice emerged.

"Who goes there?" It struck her as a female voice. 

"Um, hello- I'm the- AHHH!" A thud landed behind her and shoved her to the ground. Dirt flew into her eyes. She started to cough.

"State your name, and your reason to be here! Or else I'll have to use my claws!" The girl growled. From the corner of Viviana's eye, she could see a white wolf tail.

"H-hey.. I'm- uh- the new member of this i-island? I'm Viviana-" She got cut off.

"I haven't heard of any new members, so likely story." The girl growled.

Then from the distance, footsteps erupted. "Eve. Back off our newest member." The voice was stern, and like magic, the wolf named Eve quickly jumped off of Vivi.

The person jumped down and helped Viviana up. She sighed, "Sorry about Eve darling, welcome to Yazui Island. I forgot to tell her we had a new member. But I'm excited there is another rabbit here. Our other female rabbit lives alone, so it'll be nice for her to have a roommate. Oh, sorry, I'm rambling. I'm Sawyer." She smiled.

"Viviana. And you are Eve?" She turned to the other wolf.

"Aha... yep that's me... Sorry about- well- you know." She replied embarrassed.

"It's okay, we all make mistakes." Viviana smiled. Eve leaned over to Sawyer and whispered, "I like this girl already." Sawyer laughed and led Viviana through the gates.

After getting into the center of the small town, Viviana took everything in. "It's beautiful.." She sighed and grinned.

"It better be, it's your new home." Sawyer laughed, "I'm the alpha and leader of the wolves by the way. I'll introduce you to your roommate now, keep note that she is the leader of all the rabbits here." Sawyer pointed at her fluffy grey tail and motioned Vivi over to a small cottage. Eve followed.

Sawyer knocked. "Hey, Brynn! Your new rabbit and roommate is here!"

All you could hear was scurrying and then the door swung open. The girl, referred to as Brynn, had pastel yellow bunny ears and the same white fluffy tail all rabbits had. She seemed out of breath. Her hair was long and blonde. She had chocolate brown eyes. "H...h...hi! Sorry, I was cleaning to make it neat for you! I'm Brynn, what's your name?" She grinned.

She seemed really nice and cool. Happily she said, "Hi! I'm Viviana! It's a pleasure to meet you!"

Brynn let Vivi in while Eve and Sawyer hurried off somewhere. The cottage was nice with 3 beds, a couch, and small table, small bathroom, and cute kitchen. Brynn said that most of the cottages looked like this, except decorated by whoever lived there. "You can have the bed in the middle. Mine is the one closest to the door." 

"Who sleeps in the other one?" Vivi pointed at the extra bed.

"Oh- no one does. We don't have many rabbits. Since the humans attacked us animals years ago, they got most of the rabbits. I'm pretty sure everyone on this island may be some of the only animals still alive? I'm not sure." Brynn glanced at the bed with a sad look.

Viviana sat on her bed and unpacked into the closest dresser. She set her teddy bear plush in the middle of her bed. Her parents gave that to her months before they died.

"Viviana?" Brynn asked. She looked over.

"Welcome to your new home."