Chapter Sixty-Five

Zaid's POV

'Yes, Zaid?' She whispers, her eyes dark and heated.

"You know how much I love you, right?" I ask, staring into her eyes. I don't know how I'm managing to control myself tonight. I know that she's still sore, that I'll just end up hurting her again if we do anything tonight. I want her to heal fully, before doing anything again. Although it kills me to stay in control of myself.

She forces a smile, nodding. 'Yeah, of course I know.'

I lean forward to kiss her on her forehead, letting my lips linger for a few seconds. I breathe in her delicious, fruity scent, closing my eyes. "I'm sorry, baby. I'm so sorry. I can't hurt you again. Not yet. Not until you're fully better."

She again forces a smile. 'I'll be back in a few minutes, I need to use the bathroom. Go to sleep.'

Before I can say anything, she gets out of bed and rushes into the bathroom, locking the door behind her.

I close my eyes, rubbing my temples with my fingers. I messed up, again. I know she's mad at me, but she's trying to hide her feelings. She has no idea, though, that I want her more than she wants me. She makes me crazy. She lights my entire body on fire.

Whenever she looks at me like that, with lust-filled eyes, I forget everything else. Whenever she touches me, my whole body burns with passion.

I'm not at all tired anymore, knowing that I've hurt her again. But I'm doing it for her better. It's best to lay off for a few days, until she's feeling better. I know she's still sore, I can tell by the way she walks. She tries to hide her pain from me, but I can see right through her.

She returns from the bathroom a few minutes later and crawls into bed, turning off the small lamp on her bedside table. She faces away from me. 'Goodnight, Zaid.'

"Goodnight, Zara. I love you," I say softly, not daring to touch her. She doesn't reply.

********

Zara's POV

We have lots of fun in Istanbul. We visit several historical places and beautiful mosques. Istanbul has some of the most beautiful mosques in the world.

Our days in Turkey fly by, much to our dismay. Before we know it, it's our last day in Istanbul. We're going back home tomorrow. I feel very emotional, because these last one and a half weeks have been the best and most beautiful of my life. I know that Zaid feels sad, too, because of how he keeps asking me if I want to lengthen our trip. I refuse, though, because as much as I'll miss Turkey and our honeymoon, I miss both of our families. I can't wait to go back home and see our parents, Maryam and Hafsa. Ayesha and Layla, too. They've been teasing me constantly, whenever they call or text me, and they miss me too.

We spend our last day roaming the beautiful city and visiting the Topkapi Palace. We learn that the palace was built in the fifteenth century, and it's absolutely beautiful. It's filled with Islamic art, intricate tilework and has huge towers and walls. It's very interesting, walking through all the rooms of the palace, including the kitchens, the private rooms, and the imperial council chamber.

We're at the palace for most of the day, as it's so huge and interesting. It's 6pm by the time we leave the palace, hand-in-hand. I glance over at Zaid and smile. He looks so hot today, wearing a black t-shirt with light blue denim jeans and white sneakers. He's wearing dark sunglasses, and his hair is messily styled. He looks like a model, as always.

I'm wearing a mint green maxi dress which is fitted from the top, and flowy from the bottom. I love this dress, I bought this one myself and it's one of my favourites.