Chapter Twelve

Zara's POV

The following week goes by smoothly and quickly. Surprisingly, Hamza does not contact me again in any way. I want to think that he won't contact me again, after sending me the parcel and the note, but I know I am not so lucky. I'm relieved that he has not contacted me or sent me something again, but at the same time, I am feeling even more scared than before. It is not like Hamza to stay quiet for long. He must be planning something else, something big.

It is now the first Monday of November. Over a week has passed since the dinner party. Work has been quite busy last week, and I haven't seen Zaid much. I've also been busy with an assignment for university, which I submitted last Friday. Me, Hafsa and Ayesha are currently sitting in the cafeteria at university. It is 1pm, and we have an hour free right now.

I have bought a coffee and a blueberry muffin, as I was feeling slightly hungry. Even though I'm at university right now, I can't stop thinking about what Hamza might be planning next. He sent me the parcel less than two weeks ago, and the note too. That must mean he's out of jail. There is no way that he could have sent that from in prison.

'Babe? What's on your mind? You've been quiet this morning,' Hafsa asks me worriedly.

I shake my head and smile at the girls. "Nothing, I'm just tired. I didn't get enough sleep last night." That's true, I didn't. Because I can't stop feeling afraid.

'Get a good night's sleep tonight, Zara. Lectures start at 10am tomorrow morning, so you can sleep for a bit longer then,' Ayesha says to me with a smile. I haven't told Ayesha about the parcel yet. She knows everything about Hamza, as she is my second closest friend after Hafsa. But I don't want to worry her. I don't even know what Hamza is up to, where he is, or anything. If Hamza sends me anything again, or if he contacts me in any way, I will tell Ayesha. I can trust her with my life. I know that I haven't known her for years like I've known Hafsa, but Ayesha is a lovely girl, and I can fully trust her. I've become close to her as she is my neighbour.

Her brother, Rayyan, knows about the parcel, too. I'm glad he hasn't told anyone about it. That's probably because he doesn't know how dangerous Hamza really is. The same goes for Zaid. He has no idea, but he is adamant on helping me.

********

The rest of the day goes by pretty quickly, thankfully, even though I almost fall asleep in my 5pm lecture. The next day, we finish university at 2pm, so we head to the city centre to do some shopping. I haven't been out with both Hafsa and Ayesha in a while, so I'm happy.

First, we go to a makeup store, of course. We go to MAC, where I buy some new lipsticks, a concealer and a highlighter. I'm very happy now, buying makeup always makes me happy. I love adding to my already huge makeup collection. Hafsa and Ayesha also buy a lipstick each. They also like makeup, but not as much as I do.

Then, we go to Forever 21. We buy some warm dresses and jumpers, as the weather is getting colder. I also buy a pair of red suede ankle boots which have a 4 inch heel. I love the heel of these shoes, and also the colour.