Chapter Twenty-One

Zara's POV

We reach the hotel at 3:15pm. We will go to our suite, freshen up and get changed before heading to the meeting. Thankfully, the office is just a five-minute drive from the hotel we are staying at. We grab our bags, and Zaid parks his car in the car park of the hotel. Then, we make our way inside, into the lobby. The hotel is magnificent. It's huge, and I can tell as soon as I walk in, that it is very luxurious and must be very expensive. Of course it must be. Zaid wouldn't stay at any random hotel. It must be up to his standards. I smirk.

The lobby of the hotel is all white and marble. Everything is spotless and looks polished. Perfect for someone like Zaid. We go to the reception, and Zaid asks for the keys of our suite. The young, female receptionist hands him the keys, eyeing him up and down. She bats her eyelashes at him. I roll my eyes. He has this effect on all women, and also some men. I don't blame them at all, though. I see that the receptionist tries to flirt with him, but either Zaid doesn't notice, or he ignores her attempt to flirt. She tells us that our suite is on the 7th floor of the hotel, and points towards the lifts, giving us directions on where to go.

Zaid replies politely and thanks her, before we head over to the lifts. We take a lift to the 7th floor, and reach there in a few seconds. Even the lifts are amazing and spotless. I've never been to a hotel this beautiful before. We find our suite on the 7th floor, and Zaid unlocks the door. Wow. My eyes widen as I take in the view in front of me.

It's huge. No normal hotel room, or rooms, would be this big. We step into the room, which is connected to another bedroom. So we will be staying in different rooms, good. However, although the rooms are connected, they have a huge, glass wall in between which separates them. Both the rooms look identical, it almost seems as though the glass wall which separates them is a mirror. It isn't, though. Both the rooms contain a huge, king-sized bed which is right in the middle of the room. The beds are covered with white and gold silk bedsheets, and the rest of the furniture is also white and gold. The furniture such as the dressers and cupboard are a beautiful, sparkling white. The rug is gold, matching the curtains and bedsheets. Both rooms contain the exact same furniture, but there is one bathroom.

'I'm taking this room,' I say to Zaid, sitting down on the bed.

He laughs and nods. "Okay, sure. But you do know that I'm going to have to walk through your room to go out?" He asks me, raising an eyebrow.

I shrug. 'Yeah, sure.' I'm sure that won't be a problem. Well, I'll be awake before him in the morning, even though I'm not planning on sleeping early tonight.

I realise something. There is a glass wall separating our rooms. That means...he will be able to see me sleeping, and vice versa. I blush instantly. Actually, wait a second. It's gonna be dark when we sleep, so he won't see me.

"And I'm going to drag you out of bed myself if you sleep in too late," he says, mischievously.

I frown. 'Why?! I mean, I'll be awake before you, but I can sleep until whenever I want!' He laughs and shakes his head. He then makes a call and heads to his own room.

A few minutes later, there is a knock on our suite door. Not the door that separates our rooms, but the other door of the suite. I go to open it. It's room service.

'Is this Mr Malik's suite?' The young man at our door asks. Zaid walks up behind me and nods.

The man wheels in his trolley. Food. I'm still not that hungry, to be honest, but I probably will be later on. After serving us our food, he leaves.

"I thought you'd be hungry," Zaid says, giving me a small smile. I blush.

'Not really, but I will be in a while so it's probably a good idea to eat something. Thank you, by the way,' I say to him.