Chapter 9

KRISANDRAS POV

"I'm Krisandra, Tuis brother. He just came in from a car crash" I rushed out at the receptionist at Wellington Hospital. After the phone call I collapsed again on the ground and Kirke finally found me, he wasn't too sure what was going on yet as all I could say was Wellington Hospital. We caught a taxi straight away and just arrived at the Hospital. Kirke having to hold me up right, I was scared I could fall at any minute. 

"Please wait in the waiting room" The lady pointed to her left before going back to talking on the phone. Kirke had to drag me towards the waiting area, sitting on those seats brings back memories. The smell of disinfectant, the worried families, the tears shedding. Kirke was my loving embrace, he held me together. I'm afraid if he let go I would fall to pieces. Kirke stroked my hair as I rested my head on his shoulder, my breathing still wasn't calm and I was shaking like crazy. Kirke, Charlie. Kirke. Charlie! Oh shit I looked at Kirke in shock. Tears swelling up my eyes again. I stood up away from Kirke, the whole world was a blur to me. I made my way towards the front desk and grasped onto it for dear life. 

"My brother he was in the accident, Was anybody else in the car with him?" The receptionist looked up and saw my shaken state before replying. 

"All I can tell you is that there were two drunken teenagers in the car that collided with the other car. Which had 5 drunken teenagers in it." Her look of pity covered her face before frowning at me. I nodded turning around, I walked a couple of steps before my legs started shaking. Applying pressure without being able to walk. Kirke came rushing to me at the moment I dropped to the ground. Kirke was amazing, he hasn't asked any questions or accused me of anything. He cares about Tui too. He pulled me up from the ground and moved me over to the chairs we were sitting in before. 

"Kirke, Tui-" Kirke shushed me as I started sobbing again, why wont the words come out of my voice? 

"Kirke, I think Charlie was in the car too" Kirkes face turned to shock and studied my face for any sign of a cruel joke. His body left me as he stormed towards the receptionist. You could hear his voice from here as he shouted and demanded to know where she was. So it true, Charlie was also in the car. I know Charlie was supposed to be a sober driver but she could've had a few drinks, but then again it could of been the other cars fault. I have no idea and I hate not knowing. Kirke came back over fuming, he was mad I could tell. He always has this thing where he tenses and untenses his jaw. I wrapped my arms around him, as his grip tightened. We had been waiting and watching the clock tick past, 1 hour had gone past and with more waiting came more worrying. 

"Is Ms Asherhurst here?" A doctor in surgury gear stood at the door with a clip board. I jumped out of my seat and rushed towards him along with Kirke. 

"That's me, is he alright?" 

"Are your parents here?" I frowned, I just want to know whats wrong with my brother! 

"No they're on vacation. I'm his sister" He nodded and smiled lightly at me, Kirke grabbed my hand for support.

"Well, Mr Asherhurst was in a car wreck with another car. The other car hit contact on the left side, where Tui was sitting. When arriving here, he had multiple injuries to his head. We had to take him into surgury straight away, we released the pressure against his brain and stopped the internal bleeding but his brain went for a pretty long time without oxygen. Im afraid hes fallen into a coma" I froze. I clung to Kirke as I started falling to the ground. He held all my weight as I bent over coughing. Then I ran, I don't know where I was going but I just had to get out of there. I heard footsteps following me. Arms wrapped around my torso as I screamed and slumped to the ground. Kirkes face appeared in front of mine before embracing me with a hug. I heaved, I couldn't breathe as tears continued falling down my face. 

"I cant breathe, I cant breathe" I clung to him for dear life. I needed to be closer to him, I needed him to hug me and tell me everything was going to be ok. I needed my father and he wasn't here. After a while I controlled my breathing and picked myself up from the ground. Kirke still needed to hold me up as I just didn't have the strength to fight anymore. The doctor was still waiting for us when we returned. 

"Ms Asherhurst, Contacting your parents right now would be a good thing to do. There are options you will have decide" I frowned at this, what is he talking about?

"What do you mean?" 

"Well right now Tui isn't breathing by himself, hes on life support. You and your family will have to decide whether to take Tui off life support or wait and see if he wakes from a coma" 

"Of course hes keeping life support!" I yelled at him, I cant believe he even suggested that!

"Krisandra you have to understand that if Tui wake sup he might not be the same, there is a 60% chance that he'll never walk again and even talk again for that matter" He was trying to reason with me but its not going to work. I will never give on my baby brother. He is strong.