Chapter 7

TUIS POV

The sun was shining through the window, the house was silent. I must of woken up late, I turn over looking at the clock. 

10.34am. Shit, I jumped out of bed, throwing the covers off me. Crap I'm late for school. Dammit I grabbed a shirt off my dresser and ran downstairs. Krisandra was sitting at the table with her school folder out. What is she still doing here? 

"Kris come on we gotta get to school!" She looked over at me and laughed. What is she laughing at? Do I have something on my face?

"Tui its Saturday" She smirked before continuing writing on her work. I groaned and jumped on the couch. 

"Dammit I wanted to sleep!" I tend to always do this. 

"You have a swim meet in half an hour anyway" I groaned again, I just wanted to sleep, eat then party. Tonight my mate Adrian was having his swim meet party. The whole school is invited and his parties are legendary. There girls, music and alcohol what else do you need?

"Ugh, Do I have to go?" She didn't even look my way.

"Yes anyway your competing against Rardale High. I thought you would want to" That's right I completely forgot about Rardale coming to our swim-meet. They are our biggest competitors when it comes to sports and the arts. I used to be mates with most of them before things got so competitive. 

"Are you coming to watch?" Krisandra has been my biggest supporter for me, ever since dad had to keep working instead of watching his sons games. She makes it whenever she can but I know shes busy with her stuff. 

"Of course" She looked up and smiled. "Hey a letter came for you" She got up and handed me a letter. Julliard's stamp was printed in the left hand corner. Krisandra stood there waiting in anticipation. My hands quickly ripped the envelope open and I began reading the following:

Dear Mr /.....

Julliard has became very interested in your extraordinary talents.

We would like you to come in for an early audition.

If the audition goes well Julliard would like to offer a full scholarship.

We are aware that you are currently in year 12 but we don't want to miss your talents. 

Please make an audition time with the contact number below.

Yours sincerely 

Melissa Marlboro (0221343564)

Julliard. 

Krisandra stood there waiting for em to tell her what it said. 

"Julliard wants me to go in and audition" Her face widened before she jumped up and down.

"Tui that's amazing!" Julliard has been my dream school since I began playing piano but I never thought I was good enough. Appartenly I am though. Before long Kris and I had to be on our way to the swim meet. Our school goes all out with any event of which the community can come in and watch, banners and posters were plastered everywhere. Heaps of people had turned up and were eagerly waiting on the stands, Krisandra left to go sit with Charlie who arrived earlier to set up. Making my way over to my swim team I was given my swim gear and I headed off to the changing rooms with Adrian. 

"I'm so pumped to race against Rardale. Those suckers are going down" Adrian is a really good swimmer in long distance where I race in the short distance. 

"Is the party still happening if you lose?" I asked him while putting my swimming cap on and putting the goggles on top. 

"Isn't that even more of a reason to drink?" Laughing at this we left the changing rooms and joined our team on the bench. The coach got talking before giving us the order of which we swim. My race was up last which meant I had to sit there there for half an hour then warm up. The races had begun and the audience was cheering like crazy. Our school had taken out most of the competitions in 1st place apart from the long distance butterfly. I began stretching as the coach helped others out of the pool. My race was finally up. 50m freestyle. The guns were set off as I dived into the water, my legs and arms leading the way. I was at the end before I knew it, the crowd was going wild as I pulled myself over the edge. Swimmers finished seconds after, I had just won the last race. 

"good job" A swimmer from Rardale High who was versing me held his hands out. I smiled and shook his hand.

"Thanks you too" Kris and Charlie came running down from the seats. I was bombarded with hugs and squeals. 

"You did great!!" Krisandra was always happy for me even if I lost. It meant allot though to have her support me. Many girls turned up to watch me today, which is awesome but sometimes its annoying. 

"Well Kris and I are going to go get ready for the party, so we'll see you tonight?" Charlie brushed her arm along mine as I nodded. Krisandra and Charlie left soon after and I couldn't help but be excited for tonight. It was going to be great. 

CHARLIES POV 

Krisandra and I have spent the past 3 hours getting ready for the party with our mate Callie. Krisandra looked amazing her black hair was in poofy waves which flow down past her shoulders. The dress she wore clung to her curves, it was an amazing dress. It was gold sparkles which brown fabric underneath, she wore gold bracelets and earrings to match. Callie had done her make up going for the smokey eye look with a peach lipstick. I was in awe and I knew Kirke would be too. Callie looked amazing too, wearing a dress with a leather strap and the bottom was a white skirt. She wore her hair naturally straight with little make up. My dress seems awfully plain next to them, it was bright pink and fell half way down my thigh. Surprisingly it went well with my purple hair which was curled down my back. I had heavy eye make up on and bright pink lipstick which matched my dress. Tonight was going to be amazing and I'm hoping Tui likes the dress. 

"Wow girl you look hot!" Krisandra said while putting the finishing touches on my eye make up. I smiled at her compliment and couldn't help agreeing with her. I pulled my black high heels on. I looked hot and I was ready to impress Tui. 

"Same with you girls. Come one we gotta go otherwise we'll be late" Krisandra and Callie grabbed the rest of the stuff and we made our way towards my car. Tui had already drove to Adrian's after realising we were going to take ages.

"Ok who's the sober driver tonight girls?" Krisandra asked. The said dibs not before I had the chance to. This is so unfair!

"Guys cant I just call a cab?" Krisandra raised her eyebrows at me then glared.

"Do you not remember what happened last time you called a cab?" I smiled at her angry form.

"Did anyone tell you, you look prettier when you smile?" Krisandra rolled my eyes.

"Charlie we are not calling a cab. Last time that happened I had to pay $500 for the cleaning fee plus my car was stuck there and towed away" I groaned before smashing my head on the seat.

"But I want to drink" We had now arrived at Adrians, he had the lot out. His whole front yard was covered in big signs with lights. Going through the house was even buzzier, he had set out disco lights and a strob light was already going strong. Callie, Krisandra and I made our way to the back yard where we found Adrian diving into his pool, Kirke making his way over to Krisandra and Tui standing by the drink table. Callie had already left me for her boyfriend and Krisandra for Kirke so I made my way over to Tui. 

"Hey you" I smiled at him, he turned around smiling. His dimples showing, man he was handsome. He wore a light blue shirt with dark blue jeans. He looked sexy.

"Hey yourself. Want a drink?" I bit my lip and nodded. Tonight I'm going to get Tui.