17 - Damon

As Fayre and I made our way out of the house I silently vowed to kill Anna the next time I saw her and gave Fayre's hand a light squeeze. She glanced up at me with a smile and then spoke, "So what do you think happened to Alicia?" I shrug not entirely sure myself. "Dunno, maybe she wandered off." Fayre gave a slight nod as we walked through the town. "Where do you think she could be?" Fayre asks thought clouding her eyes. "I don't know princess, didn't she say something about being trapped here by her ex before?" I ask her something dawning on me. Realization hit Fayre and I pulled out my phone, "You text Liam and Serenity, I'll call Anna." She nodded pulling out her phone too and typing furiously to the others about our idea. I called Anna and she picked up on the second ring. "What's up?" Her voice asked through the phone.

"Remember she told us about that crazy ex of hers?" I ask Anna pulling Fayre towards the house. "Uhhh, ya! She did, didn't she? Meet back at the house we'll see what we can do. Maybe Liam can grab a scent." She says thinking out loud. "Okay, we'll see you there," I say hanging up and Fayre and I sprint back to the house. I push the front door open looking through the rooms until we found everyone else in the living room. Anna was sitting on the backboard of the couch filing her nails to a sharp point. "Took you long enough." She says looking up putting her hands on either side of her. Liam sits on the other end of the couch watching us walk in.

"Oh shut up Anna," I say jokingly leaning against the door frame. "So where could he have taken her?" Fayre asks walking over to a chair and sitting down looking at everyone in the room. "Well, we don't know..." Serenity says trailing off slightly. "You don't know?" Liam snaps and she bristles Anna shooting him a glare. "Fighting won't get us anywhere." Fayre cuts in looking at them each, in turn, silencing them. "Well, we could look through the woods, maybe ask a couple of the witches where their leader is," Anna offers and I nod in agreement. "Anna's right, let's head out and look for some of the witches maybe they can help us out." Everyone nods in agreement and they begin to head out but I pause. Fayre gives me a questioning look but a kiss her on the forehead. "Head out with Liam and Serenity, I'm gonna talk with Anna," I tell her walking across the room to my old friend leaving her to go with Liam and Serenity. 

Anna hops off the back of the couch onto the floor. "Hey." She says looking up at me. "Wanna go for a run for old times sake?" I ask her and realization shines in her eyes and she nods. "Well, I guess we could...." She drawls and I smack her arm and she snickers. "Whatever, let's go," I say with a smile and we walk out of the house. "So where to first?" I ask her as we walk down the sidewalk. She pulls out a list from her pocket and I chuckle. "How did I know you would have a list of every single one of them?" I ask nudging her with an elbow and she laughs pointing to a random name on the list. "Johanna Williams." She says reading the name out loud for me to here. "That's all you've got?" I ask her, "How the hell does that help us?" She smacks me on the arm with the papers. "I have her address too, DUH." She says with a laugh. I sigh and shake my head smiling softly.

We made good time seeing that we walked the whole way per Anna's demand. I didn't exactly have a choice since she had the address, and yes I could've just taken the papers but it was nice to catch up. We approach a rather quaint small house painted a cheery yellow. Ivy climbed a brick chimney beside the house. And climbed the stairs quickly and easily and I walked up them slower but staying right behind her. I rap my knuckles against the door hearing shuffling coming from the other side of the door. An elderly woman opens it looking to be in her late 60's. She has dark skin and dark knowing eyes. She smiles sweetly at us, "How can I help you two?" She asked kindly her smile quickly fading as she realized what we are. "A sun cursed child and one that shouldn't exist!" She hissed closing the door quickly. I stick my foot out stopping the door.

"Not so fast," Anna intervenes pushing the door open gently. "We just need a little help." I add leaning against the woman's door frame. "We need to know where to find you're coven leader, he took our friend and we need to get her back," Anna says her voice written with sorrow and despair. I keep my shock hidden from this woman Johanna and I nod in agreement. "My sister was very dear to us. We miss her greatly and he took her from us, can you help us?" I add playing onto her sympathy. Understanding and sympathy crease her face furrowing her brow slightly. "O- Of course I can..." She finally says and tells us where he would be. Anna and I thank her greatly and leave her house. As soon as we're out of earshot I burst out laughing. "You gotta admit that was the easiest it's ever been!" I say with a smirk and Anna grins. "No kidding! 'Oh she was so dear to us...'" She says mocking me and I laugh. "We are so back!" She says with a smirk and I echo my agreement. 

We walk laughing and mocking each other into the woods with little thought of the others. We cross over into the borders of where Alicia's crazy ex is supposed to be. "So where do we go?" Anna asks me and I shrug pointing in a random direction. "How about that way?" She nods and then gasps with delight. "Throw me up," She demands expecting me to understand. "I'm sorry do WHAT now?" I ask and she interlocks her hands together. "Do this," She says watching me do it then puts her foot in my hands. "Now throw me into the air," She concludes and I look at her as if she's crazy, which she is, but more so today. "Look at me like I'm crazier today than usual and throw me into the air." She sighs and I shake my head before lifting my hands up and flinging her up into the air. 

She soars above the trees and I see her glance around as she reaches the peak of her height before she comes tumbling down. I step back as she slams against the forest floor with a groan of pain. "You're supposed to catch me idiot." She says and I shake my head with a chuckle. "How the hell am I supposed to know what to do, you just ask me to throw you so I do, you never said to catch you," I say with a grin. She rolls her eyes and sticks out a hand. "Help me up numskull." She demands yet again and I laugh offering her my hand and helping her up. "So I saw some smoke coming from that way," She says pointing into some trees in a random direction and I shrug. 

"Okay, let's go save Alicia."