13 - Keeping The Peace

This is Fayre's POV

I climbed out of bed early that morning peeking in Anna's room to see if she was asleep. Our rooms were connected through a bathroom, the boys had the same setup. Alicia was down in the bedroom in the basement. I smelled coffee and then noticed Anna's sheets were all thrown on the floor save for one fuzzy blanket she had bought from a UGG store a few months ago. I sighed shaking my head and making my way to the kitchen where the smell of coffee was coming from. I walked down the hallway past the library and walked down the stairs. I yawned and walked into the kitchen sitting down on one of the bar stools.

Anna poured a mug of coffee and handed it to me smirking when she looked at my 'outfit'. I was wearing fuzzy slippers paired with the same pajamas I had worn when we had all stayed up late watching old movies and having pillow fights. Anna poured herself a mug of coffee as she spoke, "What do you think of Alicia?" I stared at the coffee my hands wrapped around the mug. I took a sip and let the hot coffee sting my tongue and throat but the pain passed quickly. "I think she's telling us the truth but, I think she's up to something, especially when she kissed my brother."

You're probably thinking, but he's a werewolf and you're a vampire, two species at war. Well, our dad was a werewolf and our mom was human. While we both have the werewolf gene, his was very strong and turned on his 14th that was about 3 years ago. I was killed and reborn on my 16th birthday, one year ago. Anna and Damon are olden then us both by a year. Anyway, my werewolf gene wasn't very strong so when the two forces fought I was sick for a few days. The vampirism won so here I am since I'm only a year old in vampire terms I'm still quite new. Though Anna and Damon taught me the basics I have to learn the rest.

Anna gave a thoughtful nod as she thought about what I said. "I agree to a point," She mused taking a sip of her coffee. "The move she pulled, kissing Liam, that was smart, tactful. I can give her credit for that." She said looking at me from her position leaning against the other end of the kitchen island. I shook my head before I spoke. "Smart or not, I still don't like it," I said with a slight frown. Anna chuckled looking at my expression, "Look, I didn't say it was okay, just that I think it was a smart move, I might even use it sometime." She said her eyes gleaming with a deadly delight, an expression I saw way too often on both her and Damon's face.

Just as I thought of him Damon came down the stairs. For a vampire, he was pretty loud. He super speeded over to Anna grabbing her in a headlock. Seeing where this was going I stood to scold them quickly. "Absolutely not! Not in the kitchen!! The game room is still a mess from when you two fought last time. If you're going to fight do it outside!" I sad my face flushed red from yelling at them. The two of them froze and Damon slowly unwrapped his arms from around Anna's neck both of their gazes on me. They looked as if I was a bomb about to explode and Damon walked over slowly leaning down and kissing me on the forehead.

"I'm sorry princess." He said gently. I glared at them both. "It's sad that two of the most dangerous vampires in the world is scared of a little bit of scolding." Anna snickered and spoke, "We just don't want to get grounded." She teased laughing and Damon laughed too. Damon's hand slid across the counter grabbing my mug of coffee and taking a sip. "Hey!!" I said swatting his arm. He almost choked his eyes widening dancing with laughter. He set down the bug putting my hands around it pretending like he hadn't done anything. Anna tilted her head back laughing as Liam came walking down the stairs.

His hair was messed up and he looked incredibly tired. Anna turned opening a cabinet above the coffee machine and pulled out another mug. She poured Liam a cup of coffee sliding it across the table and he grabbed it taking a sip. "Morning sleeping beauty," Damon said and Liam grunted. I chuckled and stood walking over giving my little brother a hug. "Morning Liam." He patted my head and I glared at him as he spoke. "Morning lil sis." I saw Anna and Damon snicker exchanging a look between the two of them. I glared at him and smacked him on the head. "I am older than you!" He laughed, "By a few months! Plus you're shorter than me, so you are my little sister." He smirked proudly of his logic.

I heard Damon snicker and I walked back over to my bar stool sitting down and taking a sip of my coffee. I watched my friends interact in the morning light as I slowly awoke. "Can I have a piggy back ride?" Anna asked Damon clapping her hands happily. "No," Damon said shortly and Anna grinned. "Yay thanks!" Damon shook his head, "No Anna!' they super sped around the kitchen laughing while Liam sat down beside me eating donuts he had just brought back. I stole one grinning and dunked it in my coffee. "Hey!" Liam said and I smiled. I watched Anna and Damon super speed outside and I stood following out onto the porch swing watching them contently.

Liam came and sat outside with me but kept his donuts at a distance so I would take another. I watched Anna spring onto Damon's back, wrapping her arms around his neck and clinging on as he tried to throw her off. He sighed realizing she wasn't going to let go so he raced around the yard barely missing trees causing her to scream. "Slow down Damon!" She would yell at him but he would only grin and run faster. I smiled watching them as Alicia walked out onto the porch.

"Well isn't it a lovely day?"