4 - Meeting Fayre

Anna walked through the woods with Topaz padding happily beside her. Anna had decided to bring Lexi and Damon with her, and of course they had asked for Liam to come as well. Liam was a friend to both of them though he and Anna still cast each othe vicious looks from time to time. As they made their way through the woods there was a bird call from deep and the forest. "Damon watch Topaz for me, you guys stay here." The three of them were slightly confused and watched Anna walk off deeper into the woods.

As she walked through the woods she whistled a bird call in response. This was their own way of finding each other, like a knock off version of Marco Polo. There was a loud clear whistle in response and Anna soon found her brown haired vampire friend. "Hey Fayre." Anna said with a smile. "Hey Anna how's it going?" Fayre asked her green eyes sparkling. "Good, but guess who's here?" Fayre rolled her eyes. "Let's just go." Anna chuckled and led her back to the group waiting for them.

As they walked closer to the group the two girls chatted laughing occasionally and teasing one another. They finally arrived to the spot Anna had left the group. They were all scattered about, Damon was teaching Topaz tricks, Lexi was wearing one of Liam's hoodies and was fiddling with the hem lost in thought, and Liam had climbed a tree watching for them.

Damon and Fayre smiled at each other their eyes meeting then both glancing away blushing slightly. They went through introductions quickly and chatted happily Fayre and Liam smiling at being reunited with each other. They were siblings but didn't see each other often. Fayre traced the small snowflakes that adorned her wrists and after a while they all began to head back to Anna's house to catch up some more.

Just before they broke the tree line at the edge of the woods Liam and Lexi collapsed onto the ground crying out in pain. Liam gritted his teeth clenching his jaw and his fist grunting slightly. Lexi grimaced grabbing a fistful of grass and clenching it tightly.

"Lexi? Are you ok?" Anna asked crouching down to be eye level with her. Damon was crouched by Liam as well as Fayre. Lexi made a choked noise and backed away from the line of trees. She gasped for breath her eyes wide and she sat there for a little while. Anna turned to Damon and Fayre. "Get them back away from the trees." She said and they pulled Liam back next to Lexi. He reacted the same as Lexi gasping for breath.

Anna walked towards the barrier and made a low noise deep in her throat, it felt like her lungs were scraping against each other. Damon and Fayre walked through it without a problem. "It might have something to do with werewolves." Fayre said looking at the three of them. Anna nodded in agreement. "It might be. Lets check the trees for anything. If we can't find anything we need to find a witch. Fast."

They nodded and Anna agreed to stay with Lexi and Liam on the other side of the borrider while Damon and Fayre searched the trees for anything. They came up empty handed. "We need to find a witch. What if we went to Moonfall?" Anna said looking at Damon. He paused thinking for a minute. "We could.. do you remember they way there? I mean could you get there from the woods?" Anna nodded. "Ya I think I can." Damon paused for a moment before replying. "Okay Fayre and I will meet you there, you take Liam and Lexi."

Fayre called Topaz and Anna tossed Damon the keys to her car. She and Damon left heading back to Anna's house. They got into Anna's car and drove to her house neither talking before Damon spoke, "It's nice to see you again you look.. nice." Fayre looked out the window staring at the road as it flew by. "Thanks you do too." And that was that.

Damon pulled into Anna's driveway bringing Topaz into the yard and tossing her a treat before getting back in the car with Fayre. They drove to the town in quiet before Fayre spoke up. "So, how was Italy?" Damon accelerated the car as he spoke. "It was nice, they have nice scenery." He said as his eyes flicked to her for a moment before he added "and great food too." Fayre smiled chuckling making Damon smile.

They talked a little bit catching up as they made their way to the town. Damon pulled off onto the road that led to Moonfall. He pulled up to the club that he and Anna had hunted at. Anna was standing there waiting, Liam and Lexi by her side. "Took ya long enough." She said crossing her arms. "Lets go."

Damon and Fayre got out of the car walking over to them. "Alright." Damon said nodding and they walked into the club. "We need to find a witch right?" Anna asked looking at them as they all sat down in a booth. "Well here's what we should do, Lexi and Fayre take the west side of the town closest to the mountains, Damon and Liam take the east side closest to the farms. I'll take the middle of the town starting with this club."

Damon raised an eyebrow. "How are we going to find them smart ass?" He said folding his arm and leaning back on the booth. "If you had let me finish," She said glaring at him. She pulled out three silver whistles. "These can only be heard by the super natural. Say your doing a survey and go door to door. Use a clipboard and write down the addresses of those who hear it."

She pushed the silver bells across the table, one to each group keeping one for herself. They talked for a little while longer before agreeing on the plan. They left the club and each group going in a different direction. Anna stayed in the club blowing the whistle harshly. A loud scream broke through the club and she's walked towards it.

A girl lay crumpled on the ground her hands over her ears. Blood was on her hands and it drizzled down her neck onto her shoulder coming from her ear. Anna walked up to her standing in front of her before she grinned and spoke.

"Gotcha."