2 - Meeting Liam

Topaz snarled in warning and the boy did a double take. Anna whirled to Lexi. "Who is he? What the hell is going on," she demanded. "Well ya see, I usually take his hoodies and I happened to do it without him knowing.." Lexi gave a nervous laugh. Anna rolled her eyes and gave a sharp whistle sending Topaz to come to her. She turned and looked to the tan boy on the steps. He has dark hair with caramel highlights and dark green foresty eyes. "And who are you?" The dark haired boy frowned, his green eyes flashing in annoyance. "I'm Liam. Who the hell are you?" She laughed. "That's not something you need to know. But you can call me your worst nightmare." Liam scowled. "Alright, then Nightmare. I want my hoodie back." She turned to Lexi. "Who is this?" Lexi gave a small smile. "Well, he's my friend..." Liam scowled at her and grumbled. "Hoodie thief."

Anna shook her head in annoyance. "Get off my steps. You're more annoying than a frog." Lexi doubled over laughing. "Frog!? You heard her Liam The Frog." Lexi snickered as Liam narrowed his eyes. Anna made a shooing motion to him smirking slightly. "Lexi give me my hoodie back." He said completely ignoring her. "No! It's my hoodie now!" Lexi grinned darting into Anna's house. Lexi disappeared into the darkness of the house in moments, seeing as there were no lights on. Liam started up the steps to go after her. "Where the hell do you think you're going?" Anna said stepping in front of the door crossing her arms. "This is none of you're business." He said glaring at her. "Now get out of my way."

Anna shoved him back away from the door and her. "This is exactly my business seeing that it's my house." Topaz gave a low growl sensing her irritation. "I've heard stories about you before. A girl in a mask, it's got the patter on a moon in the center with stars around it and its black. But the moon and stars are different. The stars are diamonds and the moon is a moonstone. You terrorized the town my friend was living in. They did NOTHING to you." Anna smiled sweetly before answering slowly. "You haven't heard the worst of them." He narrowed his eyes and glared at her. "I hate you." She shrugged before replying with a smile. "You're not the first." Then she disappeared inside with Topaz at her heels.

She made her way to the couch were Lexi was hiding beneath a pillow. She pulled it away and looked at her with a small smirk. "You do realize that one, that won't protect you, and two, I can still see you." Lexi looked at her with a small frown and paused for a moment before speaking quietly. "You're Nightmare?" Anna ran a hand through her hair and sighed. "Possibly." Lexi looked at her with slight confusion. "But you don't work alone... There's the other one, the one with the mask with the arrow going through the eyes." She leaned back into the couch and huffed. "Ya." Topaz jumped onto the couch and promptly sat on Abyss wagging her tail and in the process slapping her each time. "Anna help me!" She said as they both were laughing. "Come here Topaz," Anna said through her laughing, yet Topaz just sat on Lexi wagging her tail even harder, her tongue lolling out of her mouth.

Anna doubled over clutching her sides as she howled with laughter, Lexi leaned her head back covering her face as she howled with laughter. Anna staggered to her feet walking towards the door and opened it to make Topaz go outside and run in the yard. Her purple eyes seemingly glowed with laughter and were rimmed with tears. She opened the door finding Liam again, Topaz just walked around him giving him a small growl before walking off to play in the yard. He growled back at her before looking at Anna. "What do you want." She said scowling at Liam. "I want my hoodie back." He said glaring at her. "Nope!" She chirped slamming the door in his slightly shocked face. Lexi howled with laughter. "Did you see his face!" Anna made her way to the couch sitting down across from Lexi.

Lexi glanced at the date on her phone. "Hey, do u know if tonight's the full moon?" She asked without looking up. "Yes, I totally know!" Anna said sarcastically. "Okay great, is it?" Anna snickered. "I was being sarcastic, I don't care what moon it is tonight. Ya know, werewolves should know what moon it is, isn't that a little important? Go ask Liam he'd know wouldn't he?" Lexi froze and looked up at Anna. "What are you talking about..? Werewolves aren't real." Anna smirked before replying. "I can smell it, like a wet dog." Lexi frowned. "We do not smell like wet dogs!" Her eyes went wide in surprise. "Crap."

**

"Lexi where are we going?" Anna asked as Lexi led her through the woods to an old ruin. "What is this?" Lexi tugged at Anna's wrist pulling her down the crumbling stone steps and pushing open an old wooden door. "Okay help me," Lexi said as she went to the chains on the floor and began to chain herself to the stone walls. Anna turned in a slow circle looking at where she was. There was a metal door made of bars on the other side. Lexi was now putting shackles onto her wrists and feet giving each a strong tug. The chains were dug into the stone walls. Anna made her way to Lexi helping her clip herself in.

"What is this place?" She asked as she kicked at small pebbles on the stone floor boredly. "This is where we chain our selves in for the night so we don't hurt anyone." Anna leaned against a stone wall looking at Lexi sitting on the floor. She had gotten rid of her hoodie for a light tank top and a pair of shorts. "Soooo what happens after?" Anna picked up a rock and threw it at Lexi. "Well, there's a reason I have an extra set of clothes in that bag," Lexi said motioning with her chin. "Does your friend do it here also, or is it just you here? Like, do you each got to different places or all in the same place?" Lexi played with the rock Anna had thrown her. "Well we usually do it in groups but it's just me and Liam here. He's in another room a little while back." The girls had walked through a jagged stone corridor every so often it would branch off into another room just like the one they were sitting in now.

Anna nodded then spoke again after a beat of silence passed between them. "When does it start?" Lexi glanced at her phone. They had been sitting there for hours waiting. "In a half hour." Anna nodded again leaning back against the stone. Lexi cried out in pain and there was a loud snap. Anna winced as Lexi spoke grimacing. "Leave if you don't want to watch." Anna shook her head. "I'm staying." Lexi groaned and Anna heard another snap. The night went on like that for a half hour and then fur began to grow over her skin, her figure changing shape until a wolf was there in her place.

It snarled at her and leaped at her. The chains brought her to an abrupt stop mid jump sending her flying backward. Anna took a spritzer from Lexi's bag and squirted some of the liquid at the wolf. She howled in pain growling and snarling as the liquid burned her. Anna was careful to keep the liquid from touching her as well. The wolf pulled against her chains and a loud snap rang through the cave. "Shi-" Anna was cut off by the sound of the second chain snapping. "I'm screwed." She grumbled and scrambled to her feet. She took the squirted the wolfsbane from the spritzer again only enraging Lexi more.

She had to admit, Lexi was a little scary like this. Lexi lunged at her again a third chain snapping. She pulled on the chains the fourth and final one snapping. Anna lifted her foot kicking her in the snout. Lexi lunged at her jumping up and biting her shoulder. She hissed through her teeth slamming Lexi into the wall. She threw Lexi off of her and her claws scraped the stone. She could hear footsteps running down the hall. She turned for a split second looking to see who it was but that look cost her. Lexi leaped onto her back her claws digging into her skin. She howled in pain and the figure came out of the corridor and into the room.

She threw Lexi off of her muttering, "Son of a-" Lexi snarled again. It seemed Lexi didn't appreciate curse word in wolf form or human. The wounds on her back slowly faded away but they ached anyway. She held the bottle of wolfbane towards Lexi and glanced towards the figure. "You!?" She groaned. "Me," Liam replied. "Now do you want my help or not." She scoffed. "You want to help me. Uh huh." She turned back to Lexi watching her carefully. "Why aren't you a wolf just like her?" He smirked repeating what she had said to him earlier that day. "'That's not something you need to know,'" Anna glared at him before speaking. "Bastard."