1 - Meeting Lexi

Anna scanned the cafe with her startling bright blue eyes, slightly annoyed. She golden hair that fell in loose curls down her back ending just below her shoulder blades, a tattoo of a crescent moon at the base of her throat stood out against her fair skin. She pulled her hands from her black leather jacket sticking one hand into the back pocket of her shorts pulling out her phone. She checked her phone putting it back into her pocket. She twisted on her the heel of her knee-high leather stiletto boots and began walking out of the cafe, a coffee in hand.

Someone gripped her shoulder tightly and a voice spoke. "Uhm, excuse me." Anna whirled around her elbow slamming towards the girls face. The girls lifted her arms before the blow struck, Anna's elbow slamming into the girl's crossed arms. The girl dropped her arms now giving her a good look at her. Framing her tan face was dark hair that faded into a dark blood red that matched her eyes. "What the hell!" The girl cried in shock. "Hey, you're the one who snuck up on me. It's not my fault." Anna said, annoyance flashing through her violet eyes. "Hey, I appreciate a girl who's got instincts, I'm Lexi." Lexi held out her hand to Anna. "I'm Anna." Anna took Lexi's hand shaking it.

"I'm having a girls night, but I don't have any girls to do it with, you in?" Lexi asked her hand lifting to brush a lock of dark hair from her face. "Yeah, I'm in. Do you have drinks?" Anna asked her violet eyes studying Lexi's face. "Do Sprite and Coke count?" Anna gave a small smirk. "Close enough," Anna replied with a shrug. "When's the girls night, and where?" Lexi tugged at the hem of her hoodie and then spoke. "I was thinking tonight, and at my house." Anna gave a thoughtful nod. "Okay."

A ringing noise echoed through the cafe signaling the beginning of class. "Gotta run," Lexi said giving a small wave before turning and disappearing into the crowd of people heading to her class. She stood there for a moment before turning on a heel and walking towards her class disappearing into the crowd soon after.

She went through her classes the day becoming a blur as she walked to each of her classes, enduring the 45 minutes of each before collecting her stuff and walking to the next class. The end of the day drew closer. She headed out onto the school steps looking for Lexi. Lexi waved at her from across the school lawn. She headed to Lexi walking with her as Lexi led her to her car.

Lexi opened the door to her house pushing it open leading Anna inside. "You know how classic girls nights work right?" Lexi asked as she made some popcorns and got the big party size soda bottles from the fridge. Lexi set them on the marble counter pulling out two glasses from a cabinet. "Yeah, I know how it works. Can we watch The Greatest Showman?" Lexi looked up at her a mixture of shock and surprise on her face. "I never would have pinned you as a fan of musicals." Anna rolled her eyes. "Oh shut up. Let's just watch it." Lexi snickered and they sat down on the couch with their popcorn and soda.

  * *

Anna yawned stretching quietly looking over to where Lexi was passed out on the couch. She stood quietly her socks making little noise on the wooden floors. She rummaged around searching for a bottle of Advil. Her head pounded and she took a glass filling it with water. She took two tablets of Advil following it down with water. She walked back to the couch moving Lexi's feet seeing that she had moved them to where Anna had been moments before. She sat down huffing quietly.

Lexi peered at her through one eye half opened. "How are you feeling?" She asked knowing they both had a splitting headache. "I feel like crap, what about you?" Lexi groaned in agreement. "Did you already take some Advil?" Lexi asked dragging herself to the kitchen to get the bottle of Advil. She took a glass of water taking two tablets of Advil as well.

"Do you have any siblings?" Anna asked Lexi relaxing into her couch. Lexi nodded speaking as she made her way to the couch. "Ya I've got a brother but he lives a few states away." She said as she sat down opposite to Anna. "What about you?" She shook her head. "I've got none," Anna said tugging her hair out of a bun.

"I've got to get back to my house." Anna groaned. "What? You're leaving already?!" Lexi cried. "Aw come on Anna! Stay a little longer!" Lexi said scowling as Anna chuckled. "I've got a dog to take care of Lexi." Lexi grinned and practically screamed. "YOU'VE GOT A PUPPY? CAN I MEET IT!" Anna gave a small smile. "I guess you could meet her." She said with a shrug. "Alright let's go." She stood grabbing her things and going to the door and getting into the car.

Lexi chased after her hopping into the car alongside her. Lexi watched the streets go by as they drove through the area. They pulled up into a small house and Anna stepped out of the car. She climbed the steps and opened the door. A bright furry mass flew out the door barreling into Anna. She shrieked stumbling backward as she regained her balance. Lexi shrieked with joy seeing the mass of fur and leaped up the steps. "Oh my god, what is it!" She grinned in delight looking at the dog. "She's part German Shepard part Basenji, and her name is Topaz." Lexi grinned petting Topaz. "Ooh what a pretty name for a pretty puppy!" Anna chuckled. "Thanks."

A car slammed around the corner coming to a shrieking halt in front of Anna's house. A figure got out of the car slamming the door shut. The figure yelled up at them. "What the hell Lexi! You stole my hoodie again!" Lexi's eyes widened in surprise and she looked at Anna quickly. "You've gotta hide me!"