3 - Reuniting

It had been weeks since the full moon and Anna was slowly growing bored. With a huff of annoyance, she pulled out her phone and called a friend. "I'm bored." She said flatly listening to him respond. "It's not that simple I'm also hungry. When are you coming back?" She walked out of the store she had been shopping in and walked towards the woods. "But you know I'm impatient can't you come today?" She asked him as she made her way towards the woods. "Again Damon, I'm impatient I can't wait that long." A small smile spread across her face. "Ya well, you did miss my birthday. Let's do it." She nodded slowly and walked to her topless convertible sliding into the driver's seat before speaking one last time. "See you soon."

* *

"Hey, Damon!" She waved grinning as his car pulled up. He stepped out of the car and ran a hand through his black hair messing it up. "I can't believe you dragged me across the country because you were hungry and I missed your birthday." Anna shrugged. "Well you did, and I'm hungry let's hunt!" He rolled his Sea Blue eyes shaking his head. "Alright where to?" He asked looking at her. "Well, ya see, I saw this old tiny cluster of a town about 100 miles away from here in the woods. We could go there." She said with a grin. Damon nodded with a sly smile and they both made they're way to Anna's car.

They drove across the countryside before Anna pulled the car off down a side road. They made there way down a winding road and finally, they came across a sign that read, "Welcome To Moonfall." Damon put his feet on the dashboard. "Well, that's a stupid name for a town." Anna chuckled. "I never said you had to like it, but we can hunt." Damon grinned as Anna pulled up to a bar. "Off we go," Anna said taking the keys from the ignition and pocketing them. They walked into the bar. Anna went one way towards the bathroom. Damon went to the bar and grabbed two drinks.

Anna exited the bathroom her makeup running and she began to fake cry. She went to the closest group of girls, there were 6 of them. She went up to them blubbering about her boyfriend dumping her and all the girls echoed their sympathy. Damon watched her from the bar. This was their routine each time, play on the sympathy of others. "Can you walk me to my car?" Anna asked the girls blubbering. All the girls agreed walking her out. Damon stood from the bar following after slowly.

"It's this way," Anna said leading them around the corner away from the bar and they followed after her. Damon prowled after the girls slowly. She stood up straight her fangs sliding into place  and she saw Damon's do the same. The girls became trapped by two of the most infamous vampires alive. Anna ran a hand through her hair and shined to the girls in a pathetic voice. "Ok I'm so hungry.." The girls backed away from her bumping into Damon and he smiled. "Well hello there ladies." They both smiled showing their fangs. Then they were a blur ripping into the girls as they screamed. Slowly the screaming faded away until all of the girls were lying dead on the ground outside the bar.

Anna wiped the blood from her mouth walking to her car and pulling out a small black bag. Damon looked at it before speaking. "What's that for?" Anna chuckled. "To clean up my makeup duh." She fixed up her make up and hopped into the drivers seat. "Alright lets go. Topaz hasn't seen you in a while I'm sure she misses you." Anna said as Damon made his way around the car getting in.

They made their way back to Anna's house. She pulled into the drive way and stepped out of the car. She gave a sharp whistle and a creature shot foreword lunging at Damon. It toppled him over licking him it's tail wagging happily. "Anna get your dog off me!" Damon growled and Anna chuckled. "You helped raise her you do it." A head peeked out of the door to Anna's house glancing at Anna before looking at Damon.

Lexi's nose wrinkled as she spoke. "Who is he? Is he like you?" Anna shrugged slightly before replying. "More or less." Damon had managed to get Topaz off and walked toward the house with Anna. "Lexi meet Damon, Damon, Lexi." She said giving them a brief introduction before walking inside. The two stood there for a moment awkwardly before Anna yelled at them to come inside.

They all talked for a few hours, Anna and Damon catching up and Damon and Lexi getting to know each other better. Lexi soon after had to go home to study for her paper the next day refusing any drinks that Anna offered. Anna nodded waving good bye as Lexi left and she drank a little bit Damon doing the same. "Sooooooooooo when can I meet see her again." Anna said scowling at him. "Never." Damon said pushing off the counter and claiming the couch as his own stretch across it so Anna couldn't sit. Anna muttered before sitting on the top of the backrest above Damon.

"I can always call her, clearing it with you is a courtesy I don't know why I give you." Damon rolled his eyes. "Ya whatever." Anna pulled out her phone scrolling through her contacts before landing on one. She opened it before waving it in his face. "See!" He snatched her found jumping from the couch. "Damon give it back!" She said glaring at him. "Take it." She jumped up snatching it back before he could do anything.

She called the girl on the contact. "Hey!" She smiled as the phone was answered and Damon glared at her from the other side of the room. "Why don't you come down and visit for a bit? Damon's here." She said teasing the girl on the phone and a sigh could be heard from the other side of the phone. "Yay awesome!" Anna said smiling. "See you soon!"

"Fayre's coming." Anna grinned looking at him. Damon sighed and shook his head. "I hate you." He smuttered but that only made Anna smile even more. "No ya don't your thanking me in your head for asking Fayre to come!" Damon glared at her. "No I'm not. Your delusional." Anna laughed. "Alright you better go check in to your hotel." Damon nodded and left soon after. Anna's phone vibrated and the screen lit up. She checked it seeing a single text that read-

"The Snow Queen's coming."